Yakudatazu Skill ni Jinsei o Sosogikomi 25-nen, Imasara Saikyou no Boukentan Midori Kashi no Akira - Ch. 33 - Beetle

Group Leader
So, there's nothing interesting on the other side of the river? The whole point was just to get easier access to the opposite shore, and that's all there was to it. Now that they ranked up, they want to see something else than just the river. It's pretty disappointing that their "adventure" is to go to a thoroughly known place where everybody else goes as well. They aren't really adventurers, they are just monster hunters. It would have been cool if they had, instead, went to explore a poorly known wilderness on the other side of the river.
The point of the bridge was to stop the overcrowding on that one side of the river caused by that douchebag little brother turning the camping parties on each other for his amusement.

The whole adventurer system in this manga seems to have the same "rules" as leveling in an MMORPG. Designated zones with specific level mobs, set leveling areas with expectations on courtesy between parties in the area, and when you level past the cap for the area you move to the next.

Dex-chan lover
The whole adventurer system in this manga seems to have the same "rules" as leveling in an MMORPG. Designated zones with specific level mobs, set leveling areas with expectations on courtesy between parties in the area, and when you level past the cap for the area you move to the next.
I guess it still comes down to whether you want to submit yourself to it or not. It's a world of living beings, after all. It's just the most effective way of leveling up, to go to those monster hotspots, but nothing should prevent a person from wandering wherever they want to. I'm not an MMORPG player, so I don't know if there are any so depressing games, where you are bound to do nothing but fight grind in one spot until you level up (or get sick of it and uninstall the game), only to switch to the next spot and do it all over again. That doesn't sound overly enticing as a game, so there ought to be much more to it. If the "spots" are huge, like whole regions, it can naturally be a real adventure to explore them, and what I said doesn't matter. However, the whole red river thing in this story seemed like a few kilometers of river bank and that's it.

Double-page supporter
Were there some puns lost in translation? I didn't get the whole beetle part.
Well my guess is belittle and beetle are two word that in someway might be read the same as with all puns the Japanese like to put into everything OR The Clerk just teasing him for Mu's sake

Double-page supporter
I must say this Tax system is weird as the fact you need to pay taxes to a Temple because you were born with a skill tree that they the Temples say belongs to their god is silly even more so that only two of them need to play because "They are popular and need money". Now i would be more for it if the taxes were to the lord and/or upkeep of the town i could also be misunderstanding something.

Just think of having that system here. Being born with blue eye and blonde hair you are now belong to Christianity and need to donate 10% of your monthly income to the nearest Church that matches the category you were born into :haa:

Users who are viewing this thread