Yakumo-san wa Ezuke ga Shitai - Vol. 7 Ch. 48 - A Luxurious Nutrition

Group Leader
So glad to see this back! Thank you very much!

This is just one dish I could never... I like egg dish, but the cooked one. Even a mere half cooked egg yolk in sunny side up makes me.... uuugh... Before a salmonella fear, simply not my cup of tea. Even in a fully boiled one, I often takes out the yolk and give it to anybody else. Too bad, because a dish with raw yolk egg looks beautiful

Dex-chan lover
@HaikenEdge: I've been doing the same my whole life, although not so frequently now. Still, no illness.

I think most of the problems with contaminated eggs are related to the use of eggs as an ingredient in other mass-produced foods, such as cookie dough, etc. An individual consumer cracking an egg into a bowl will notice that the egg is not at its best. It may not be "rotten", but its yolk may be fragile, and will be broken and kind of mixed with the white after cracking. Or the yolk might not be very well-structured, and will have an odd look. Such an egg will usually be judged to be potentially unsafe, and the consumer will discard it.

But a factory will crack a million eggs in a day, and mix them all together into a giant batch of dough. One badly-contaminated egg will not be noticed by the machines, or by the rare human inspector. Thus, a production batch that will go to thousands of consumers will be contaminated enough to sicken those who are not very careful handling the product.

So, you and I are probably fine with raw egg on rice, if we are observant of the condition of the egg we use.

Users who are viewing this thread