Yakuza Reincarnation - Ch. 47 - Salvation

Aggregator gang
I feel like she's always losing swords or weapons all the time. Unless I'm mixing this manga up with another one

Honestly it makes sense if u remember how the story started. He gets stabbed by his former associates and gets sent to another world reincarnated. However, he comes to when Ryuu was already a teenager, not as a baby like in other stores. It's safe to assume that he's the second personality in this and "came up to the surface" so to speak when the stress of being hunting down got to her.
The word you're looking for is transmigration. Reincarnation would have been him starting fresh as a baby Ryuu. But, he was taken and inserted into another body so Transmigration would be the term.

Dex-chan lover
The word you're looking for is transmigration. Reincarnation would have been him starting fresh as a baby Ryuu. But, he was taken and inserted into another body so Transmigration would be the term.
In looking up "transmigration vs reincarnation", I'm not finding this distinction. E.g. wikipedia uses the terms pretty much interchangeably. (And it's not just wikipedia that does this.)

Dex-chan lover
I always assumed they were different souls due to both having different guiding trees. Was it ever stated otherwise?
It's right there in the title: Yakuza Reincarnation. Also, she is repeatedly called a Samsara user. (Samsara == reincarnation.) And it's noted that Samsara users bring change by bringing memories of their past lives.

Also were shown that the core personalities of Ryumatsu and Princess Ryuu are very similar. And shown that their reactions to getting soaked by Nui to be identical. (Back in the end of the circus arc, when Nui wakes up.)

Hint?: In chapter 3, we're told that Princess named the two pigbirds ("Usain" and "Bolt"). [But the official translation leaves that tidbit out.] In chapter 38, Coen is musing about the naming of the birds, but it's unclear from the scene who (princess, Coen, someone else?) named the birds. My best guess is that it was Princess who named the birds. If so, that's a pretty clear indicator that she's a reincarnation. [Edited this paragraph after some double checking.]

However, the original setup definitely makes it look like Ryumatsu is a separate soul who gets put into princess body when she's an adult. And we're never told explicitly that given the two possibilities (two separate souls vs one soul, two personas) which one is the case. So "two souls" is not totally ruled out.

Two separate guiding trees can be explained by both theories.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bout time she was supposed to be dead forever ago
Anyway we already reached the age of darkness huh lol

Dex-chan lover
Wow, kinda some Berserk vibes with the demons and night. Awesome.

Also, so the maiden girl knows there are two in one? Fun.

Dex-chan lover
Since others are already discussing serious plot, I'll ask about the other trivial stuff:

Was this always censored before? :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
This either a prologue for the actual story against the demon or were nearing the end of the story. I always assumed that the guiding tree on the arm was from the body(princess) and the guiding tree on the back was from the soul(the yakuza MC) thats why ryuu have two, i guess its as simple as having two souls inside one body? Ive read another isekai before where there are 3 souls in 1 body and they swap whenever necessary but i guess princess ryu and MC yakuzaman cant do that, hope they swap every once in a while so we get to know about the princess more

Dex-chan lover
This always did have that lingering smell of Berserk. That boundary thing happening just solidified that smell into something much more tangible.

Have we reached the midpoint? Or have we just finished the prologue of the story
More like the final sprint.

As a note for the "are we nearing the end", this is likely part of Volume 12 since each vol seems to be 4 chapters, and there's currently 14 volumes according to Mangaupdates + listed as still on going at least.

The current raws are up to Chapter 58 as well.

I was reading that demon's dialogue about taking over in the voice of Horus. "Let the seas boil, let the stars fall!" That was intense.

Dex-chan lover
Ryumatsu has been pretty much kicking ass previously; this is the first time that a setback looked like more than temporary.
  • The protection of the moon has been seriously diminished. Though they did stop that protection from being destroyed.
  • Aside from that we now have this anti-Ryuu. And she/it has gotten a benefit out of this recent exchange.
  • We've gotten more info on how much damage the goddess took. Way back in the dragon story, we had an indication that the goddess was old/weakened. Current Ryuu is probably her last gasp as fixing things.
  • We've known for a while that princess Ryuu is still present but sleeping or something.
  • Originally it looked like Ryumatsu took over the princess body. More recently, it seemed like Ryumatsu was literally a reincarnation (same soul, different persona). But now that they're talking about princess Ryuu dying, I'm confused again. Maybe it is two souls after all? Or maybe it's just the "persona" of Princess Ryuu that's at risk of dying. IDK.
  • However, Ryuu has garnered substantial support up to this point, so she does have more military might behind her now.
It seemed like ryuu is merging together or something in the last couple arcs, honestly I’m not entirely sure what “other” is even being talked about
There are a number of possibilities

Also as the others have mentioned it’s quite possible it’s flat out reincarnation and there’s some memory loss. I’d even say there’s a chance that the author might pull “the goddess is hiding in ryuu’s body”
Or just play it straight

Dex-chan lover
The trust I have for the Mc is strange. I bet that even if she dies she'd walk in a white landscape for a few minutes before saying something cryptic and coming back to life.

Dex-chan lover
It seemed like ryuu is merging together or something in the last couple arcs, honestly I’m not entirely sure what “other” is even being talked about
There are a number of possibilities

Also as the others have mentioned it’s quite possible it’s flat out reincarnation and there’s some memory loss. I’d even say there’s a chance that the author might pull “the goddess is hiding in ryuu’s body”
Or just play it straight
The princess is definitely there. Notice the white cross that appears in her eye on the last page. Same thing appears in ch 36 p 25. That signifies Princess Ryuu poking through.

As for goddess being there as well... Yeah, we've been speculating that since the fight with Lord Jaw, where Lord Jaw seemed to be talking to the goddess (telling her to "get lost") while looking at the tattoo on Ryuu's back. We know that left arm tree comes from Princess, and the right arm tree comes from Ryuumatsu. The back tree (or crest?) almost certainly comes from the goddess. So maybe she's in there as well, or perhaps the back tree/crest is something the goddess passed on to Ryuu.

Princess Ryuu "dying" is most likely due to the accursed child's stealing (or copying) the princess' skill tree.

Users who are viewing this thread