Yakuza Reincarnation - Yakuza Princess of Another World - - Vol. 12 Ch. 46 - Goddess Invocation

Dex-chan lover
"All the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'It's dance time' because despite the horrors of my upbringing I'm still well adjusted enough to not want the world to end."

I hope they hold out for the full-budget anime adaptation because this manga deserves it.

Double-page supporter
I don't understand. Why is she able to dance all the sudden? Why is the moon moving away from the earth because of her dance? Why is the fate of the entire world hinging on this one girl's ability to do a festival dance? Climactic conclusion, I guess.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't understand. Why is she able to dance all the sudden? Why is the moon moving away from the earth because of her dance? Why is the fate of the entire world hinging on this one girl's ability to do a festival dance? Feels like ex machina.
The dance is a sealing ritual that must be done to keep demons trapped in the moon. The goddess created the moon by ripping it out of the earth and the divine spring - which is on the hand of the 'dead' demon lord - is a giant mirror that would serve as a portal to let them return if the seal ran out.

Yomi has grown up under the weight of all those expectations - from her grandma, from her father (after her mother died), from the people of the town - and it's crushed her. The dance is taxing, she was wounded, and her form was incomplete to start with - because she had been dancing to meet the weight of expectations. When Lady Ryu stood up for her the final bits about how to dance properly clicked for her - it must come from desire to save and not desire to meet expectations.

Once she understood it, instead of breaking down under the pressure she toughed out the injuries and was able to perform the dance perfectly.

(This is my reading of it - all the bits are there but they didn't quite stick the landing on explaing it IMO)

Dex-chan lover
..hmm, might need to reread this series later because some parts don't feel like it lands for me.

Thanks for the chapter.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
The dance is a sealing ritual that must be done to keep demons trapped in the moon. The goddess created the moon by ripping it out of the earth and the divine spring - which is on the hand of the 'dead' demon lord - is a giant mirror that would serve as a portal to let them return if the seal ran out.
The hand on the moon is new, it is the very same hand that tried to reach the moon from the corrupted spring. The moon is supposed to be a holy place(people practically worship the moon), no force of darkness supposed to be there at all.

Dex-chan lover

Yomi has grown up under the weight of all those expectations - from her grandma, from her father (after her mother died), from the people of the town - and it's crushed her. The dance is taxing, she was wounded, and her form was incomplete to start with - because she had been dancing to meet the weight of expectations. When Lady Ryu stood up for her the final bits about how to dance properly clicked for her - it must come from desire to save and not desire to meet expectations.

Once she understood it, instead of breaking down under the pressure she toughed out the injuries and was able to perform the dance perfectly.

(This is my reading of it - all the bits are there but they didn't quite stick the landing on explaing it IMO)
I'll differ somewhat...

AFAICT, there are no demons trapped in/on the moon.

Demons can't live under the sun, which means that they were safe during the night. In the past, the goddess fixed that by creating(?) the moon to reflect the light of the sun into the night, thus destroying the "safe haven" the demons had in the night. So what the demons are trying to do here is to remove the moon (or more accurately bring it back to earth it seems). [BTW, we don't know the physics of this moon. It doesn't seem to be very large (yet it reflects all over the world?). And does it orbit around the planet? Or is it always just opposite the sun.]

Ryu basically said, screw it, Yomi doesn't have to accept these obligations -- and it would be better if the world did not repeatedly put this weight on one girl's shoulders. In other words, Ryu became a true friend, prioritizing Yomi over any sort of supposed obligation. But that's exactly what inspired Yomi (just as it inspired her mother) -- not saving the whole world, but rather saving a single person whom she cared about.

Dex-chan lover
I'll differ somewhat...

AFAICT, there are no demons trapped in/on the moon.

Demons can't live under the sun, which means that they were safe during the night. In the past, the goddess fixed that by creating(?) the moon to reflect the light of the sun into the night, thus destroying the "safe haven" the demons had in the night. So what the demons are trying to do here is to remove the moon (or more accurately bring it back to earth it seems). [BTW, we don't know the physics of this moon. It doesn't seem to be very large (yet it reflects all over the world?). And does it orbit around the planet? Or is it always just opposite the sun.]

Ryu basically said, screw it, Yomi doesn't have to accept these obligations -- and it would be better if the world did not repeatedly put this weight on one girl's shoulders. In other words, Ryu became a true friend, prioritizing Yomi over any sort of supposed obligation. But that's exactly what inspired Yomi (just as it inspired her mother) -- not saving the whole world, but rather saving a single person whom she cared about.
That makes sense to me. In this model, I think I was reading the reflection backwards: I thought the mirror-spring was a sealed path between demons on the moon and the earth, but if we read it this way then the mirror-spring is a path for demons in the hand to reach out to the moon.

Users who are viewing this thread