Yamada and Kase-san. - Ch. 31 - Hickey and Kase-san (part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Bitch gonna get the biggest rejection of her life. And what a deadeye confession it is, no emotion, nothing. It's like she do because of a bet and notof actual feelings. Not to mention, that's still not a valid reason to keep her from leaving (if there was even a vaild reason to begin with), like (pretenting Kase was single) what she would have done if Kase reject her but she she beat Kase and keep her here ? Leaving together awkwardly ?
She is selfish, she only think of her own and not considering one second that Kase might have others plan.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This isn’t it man. It resolved predictably. It ended predictably. I am predictably unsatisfied. Ending the chapter with that confession likely means it’ll predictably be more than a simple “no.” Here we go.
Worst thing is not even it being 100% predictable or so lame writing wise. This got dragged on for so fucking long, Fukami's confession (apart from her looking stupid while doing it) has 0 weight anymore. It was teased 25 chaps ago that she is in love with Kase and now after having barely any screentime she confesses and just looks like a loser while doing so considering the circumstances. What a weird decision by the author. Kase being further stupid (even while Yamada was visibly distressed and serious) doesn't help either, tho.

Dex-chan lover
Holy jeez no shit that's actually thr first time Yamada just up and told Kase what's bothering her instead of just wordlessly trying to break up with her with zero explanation because she convinced herself that Kase has her eyes on another girl or whatever.

Dex-chan lover
Worst thing is not even it being 100% predictable or so lame writing wise. This got dragged on for so fucking long, Fukami's confession (apart from her looking stupid while doing it) has 0 weight anymore. It was teased 25 chaps ago that she is in love with Kase and now after having barely any screentime she confesses and just looks like a loser while doing so considering the circumstances. What a weird decision by the author. Kase being further stupid (even while Yamada was visibly distressed and serious) doesn't help either, tho.
Yes, the writing has been terrible but I didn't want to go into those details. Honestly, I still don't. Its just been so odd from a narrative standpoint in so many ways, it's exhausting to talk about (without being rude). It feels amateurish. I teach writing and this is something else. But hey, it's found an audience. I'm just hoping this next chapter is somewhat redeeming because otherwise I might drop it. I don't normally drop manga for writing reasons. I normally ride it out but this is something else. Every character is undermined but what makes it egregious is that the author seems unaware (and therefore won't resolve anything meaningfully). It's not even something I can excuse as a cultural difference because these habits and choices aren't even typical in manga. I don't think the writer knows how to handle dramatic storytelling and really used fluff as a safe writing space. Wish it would stick to that but it must be working for some.

Dex-chan lover
One of the best chapters yet (in terms of "action") so many things happening. Fukami is gonna get rekt lmao.
Though I think we can all agree she is being unreasonable with the race thingy. If she wins, they both have to awkwardly live together (though that won't happen). And if she loses, not only she will get rejected since y'know.. Kase has a GF but also she won't manage to make Kase stay.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Holy jeez no shit that's actually thr first time Yamada just up and told Kase what's bothering her instead of just wordlessly trying to break up with her with zero explanation because she convinced herself that Kase has her eyes on another girl or whatever.
She never tried to break up with her. It was always Kase being anxious and having low-confidence thinking that Yui will break up with her. It's honestly actually irritating to see how much Kase didn't (or maybe still) have faith in Yui's love for her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes, the writing has been terrible but I didn't want to go into those details. Honestly, I still don't. Its just been so odd from a narrative standpoint in so many ways, it's exhausting to talk about (without being rude). It feels amateurish. I teach writing and this is something else. But hey, it's found an audience. I'm just hoping this next chapter is somewhat redeeming because otherwise I might drop it. I don't normally drop manga for writing reasons. I normally ride it out but this is something else. Every character is undermined but what makes it egregious is that the author seems unaware (and therefore won't resolve anything meaningfully). It's not even something I can excuse as a cultural difference because these habits and choices aren't even typical in manga. I don't think the writer knows how to handle dramatic storytelling and really used fluff as a safe writing space. Wish it would stick to that but it must be working for some.
True, the writing is sub-par but I think what keeps people from dropping this is the art style and/or the main couple (even though that has problems in itself). You gotta admit the art style is kinda cute and funny, and if you ignore the communication problems Yui and Kase-san are a nice couple. IMO the writing is not bad enough to drop this but it could 100% be better. I'm kinda trying to convince myself Fukami is used as a stepping stone/obstacle to grow Yui and Kase's relationship, which is sad since it kinda feels like sacrificing a character but I think viewing it like that makes it a bit more bearable to read.

Dex-chan lover
If Kase dont straight up reject her ice cold next chapter, I am dropping this. Kase is by far one of the worst characters I have seen in a GL series and she doesnt deserve Yamada at all.
Even the fact that Yamada didnt break up with Kase in this chapter annoys me (even tho we all knew that would never happen)

Dex-chan lover
True, the writing is sub-par but I think what keeps people from dropping this is the art style and/or the main couple (even though that has problems in itself). You gotta admit the art style is kinda cute and funny, and if you ignore the communication problems Yui and Kase-san are a nice couple. IMO the writing is not bad enough to drop this but it could 100% be better. I'm kinda trying to convince myself Fukami is used as a stepping stone/obstacle to grow Yui and Kase's relationship, which is sad since it kinda feels like sacrificing a character but I think viewing it like that makes it a bit more bearable to read.
Yes but part of why it's bad writing is because it's so clear that Fukami is a stepping stone, from a mechanical standpoint. As you said Fukami is barely even a character. She is a plot point and it's very transparent, which generally creates a bad experience in the audience. Most of the time, they don't like seeing the inner workings this clearly. The way the situation has been handled is the issue, not just the situation.

And it would be otherworldly if Fukami actually was anything more than a stepping stone. Could you imagine if Kase started to seriously consider staying with Fukami? Hah. At that point I think I'd laugh and keep reading for the fun of it. I've never actually expected Fukami to be anything to the story.

But yeah I've continued mainly based on built up good will from the earlier portions of the story (mainly the first version). I agree about the art etc. I can easily just pretend this arc didn't happen but not if this next chapter continues this obvious plot point even longer.

Users who are viewing this thread