Yamada and Kase-san. - Ch. 38 - Curry rice and Kase-san (part 1)

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

the curry already has me salivating and it wasnt even shown made yet. bet yuis one hell of a cook, tomoka best enjoy it

It makes me reminder Kase's fortune in the new year's episode: "your dream will come true but it'll intefere in your sexual life, academics..."
I hope that she had learned something in the last arc.

IMO even that was "Kase drama" - she ended up assaulting a celebrity for reasons that only existed in her head.

Well... you see a stud who is giving flowers to your girlfriend and calling her "Yui-chan"... Maybe she overreacted, but the scene was at least confused.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I can't seem to enjoy this much anymore. I wish they didn't make Kase dumber than a brick. She is such a physically beautiful yuri protag. But I've come to not like her. Come on Kase! Make me like you again!

Dex-chan lover
Nice "getting over your crush"-haircut, Fukami

Also reading yuri manga has trained me to be instantly annoyed whenever a new named character shows up :ROFLMAO: Doi Mizuho you literally are only in one panel but I'm already sure that you're going to be annoying somehow :LOL:

Speaking of Fukami though... I started shipping her with Mao in chapter 36, so where is Mao? Did they move into a dorm room together or not? I demand answers! :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm what kind of dynamic is this Doi girl gonna bring into the mix? It might be fun if she ends up absolutely smoking Kase at racing or something.

Dex-chan lover
Kase is just kind of stupid. Mei from Citrus still holds this title for me
Nah, basically saying a race with a randen roommate is more important than your future with your GF is a solid reason to be considered one of the worst GFs in any GL series. What makes it worse is that she dont even get any punishment for it🤦🏼‍♂️

And now that a new girl has been introduced I am almost 100% sure that Kase is gonna do some shit again, where she chose that girl over Yamada and wont get punished again…

Speaking of Fukami though... I started shipping her with Mao in chapter 36, so where is Mao? Did they move into a dorm room together or not? I demand answers! :LOL:

If I remember correctly, in chapter 36 Mao said to Fukami that now she is alone in her room and they could share it.

Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly, in chapter 36 Mao said to Fukami that now she is alone in her room and they could share it.
Yes, exactly but I want to know if they actually did start living in a room together. Lowkey I'm more invested in this than in whatever bullshit Kase will be involved in next 😂

yall one person was commenting that kase might not make it to dinner, ill absolutely lose my shit if she doesn't and pray to god yamada finds a new gf 😭 😭

If that happens, I'll regret my entire defense of Kase in the last arc. I sincerely hope not. It would be throwing the entire career arc and possible evolution into the trash.

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious how far Kase can make it on "running fast" career wise. All the way to like the Olympics or something, or is the bubble eventually gonna burst?

I do have fun imagining her being on a podium getting a medal and loudly proclaiming her love for her girlfriend or something like that one day.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, basically saying a race with a randen roommate is more important than your future with your GF is a solid reason to be considered one of the worst GFs in any GL series. What makes it worse is that she dont even get any punishment for it🤦🏼‍♂️

And now that a new girl has been introduced I am almost 100% sure that Kase is gonna do some shit again, where she chose that girl over Yamada and wont get punished again…
I would say it wasn't so much prioritizing the race itself over her relationship with Yui as much as trying hard not to burn bridges with her track team who she has to work with for the rest of her college track star career and balancing that with her relationship with Yui. If moving in with Yui ruined her relationship with the track team, it would have probably ended up ruining their relationship too. And I'm pretty sure she flat out told Fukami she was going to move in with Yui regardless of the race results anyway.
Now I will grant that she messed up not talking it through with Yui before making the race deal and ruined Yui's plans for a bit, but they're past it now and so am I.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I wonder why some people still read this story where the main couple are KASE and YAMADA. I mean, if you don't want they together anymore why are you still reading it when the author has made it obvious they will not pair them with other people?
People complained about the drama and wanted sweet moments with Yamada and Kase and now there we have it those people are asking for drama 🙃
I think if I reach the level of hating a character for whatever it is and they are one the main characters I would just drop it instead throw hate at the series.
Anyway, it was a cute chapter, Kase's stupid face was cute and Yamada is such a femme! It's a outdated view to think you are a good woman if you cook well but eh, I will disregard it as I have for lots others topics.

Honestly, I think that many people are very hard on Kase, even unfair. It almost makes me sad that people see her like that...

In 3 years of relationship she has only made two big "mistakes". Being jealous of someone who gives your girlfriend flowers and calls her "Yui-chan" (put yourself on her shoes) and agreeing to a race to leave the dorms. I didn't like that arc either, but I blame the author rather than Kase, in Japanese culture they literally left her no choice. Social pressure from her classmates, personal debt with Fukami and an authority figure (Inoue) ordering it. Trust me, I worked there for almost two years and the social pressure and relationships with mates are terryfing, almost unbearable for occidentals like us.
In the next chapters she is really sorry, apologizing multiple times, making terrible faces of regret, promising that she'll reflect and giving presents to Yamada trying to ease the pain she has caused to her. She sure is dense, but she loves Yui more than anything.

In the first series and in the first half of this one was Yui (who I adore and worship) who made the mistakes due to lack of communication. They are still very young and they 're growing together. Life sometimes is not like fairy tales.

Anyway, I'll eat my words if she doesn't eat curry with her xD

Last edited:
Honestly, I think that many people are very hard on Kase, even unfair. It almost makes me sad that people see her like that...

In 3 years of relationship she has only made two big "mistakes". Being jealous of someone who gives your girlfriend flowers and calls her "Yui-chan" (put yourself on her shoes) and agreeing to a race to leave the dorms. I didn't like that arc either, but I blame the author rather than Kase, in Japanese culture they literally left her no choice. Social pressure from her classmates, personal debt with Fukami and an authority figure (Inoue) ordering it. Trust me, I worked there for almost two years and the social pressure and relationships with mates are terryfing, almost unbearable for occidentals like us.
In the next chapters she is really sorry, apologizing multiple times, making terrible faces of regret, promising that she'll reflect and giving presents to Yamada trying to ease the pain she has caused to her. She sure is dense, but she loves Yui more than anything.

In the first series and in the first half of this one was Yui (who I adore and worship) who made the mistakes due to lack of communication. They are still very young and they 're growing together. Life sometimes is not like fairy tales.

Anyway, I'll eat my words if she doesn't eat curry with her xD

ABSOLUTELY!!! I hate the Fukami arc either, but i think it's an author problem rather than a character problem. Above them all Inoue, even knowing that Kase is going to live with her girlfriend she uses her senpai authority for ordering the race. When she always had been a suport for their relationship.

I hope they continue growing and loving each other even more. Yamada just needs express her feelings better and Kase more awareness.

Dex-chan lover
Nice "getting over your crush"-haircut, Fukami

Also reading yuri manga has trained me to be instantly annoyed whenever a new named character shows up :ROFLMAO: Doi Mizuho you literally are only in one panel but I'm already sure that you're going to be annoying somehow :LOL:

I’m spoiled that every new character added to my fav manga makes it better.
Sasaki & Miyano. The official translation is very, very good, and the artist deserves support. I buy the raws, because I am lucky enough to be able to read them.
BL has improved faster than yuri. It’s easier to find less-tropey BL than yuri. Hard to find new BL where the main characters invent gayness, anymore, thank Gd.
Still a lot of a yuri where it’s just a daisy chain of couples that get increasingly creepy as the series goes on.

I mean, there’s a hell of a lot of basic-ass BL out there, but it’s just dumb. The worst crap was shunted off into mpreg

Users who are viewing this thread