Yamada to Kase-san. - Ch. 35 - Moving and Kase-san (part 1)

Dex-chan lover
the confession was nice but I wish the whole racing duel arc was done with Fukami’s feelings and Kase’s situation out in the open, then the race wouldn’t have felt so useless and Fukami could more easily move on from her first crush

Dex-chan lover
goddamn, finally. its been said a million times before, but kase was really stupid this whole arc, glad its over
Next arc: Kase cheats on Yamada right in front of her, but all she gets from Yamada is a slap on the wrist (if she would even get that🤣).

Personally wouldnt even be surprised if that happened and somehow everybody is fine with it, just like they somehow was fine with her behaviour in this arc

Dex-chan lover
As usual, absolutely no consequences for Kase for her retarded actions. What a shit arc from start to finish. Can't wait for the next drama. Guess nothing can really change as long as Yamada stays a doormat and Kase a retard

Dex-chan lover
the stupidest arc in the history of GL.
You haven't read that much GL have you? Trust me, some of the vintage stuff had levels of stupid over 9000. Even in current stuff . . . consider Whisper Me a Love Song, and that . . . can you even call it an "arc" when the most annoying character in the manga throws a wrench in the main love story while taking over about half the damn manga so far? That has to rank as way stupider than this.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, others are right that Kase's transgressions are minimal in comparison to many other stories. That's actually the thing I like about this arc (one of the few things tbh): Kase is believably flawed.

She isn't thinking about Yamada's perspective basically ever, whereas Yamada is always thinking about how Kase feels and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

But you see this happen in real life all the time. Frankly, it happens in what I'd guess is the majority of marriages even. People rarely perfectly match on levels of self-interest and partner focus/care.

Japanese author trying not to portray lesbian couple as the most toxic thing in this entire world (impossible) Even some of the more well know yuri manga like Citrus is like this
Eh, there's stuff that is pure, unadulterated fluffiness. Easy favorite example: Cheerful Amnesia.

It's just that stuff like that isn't as interesting to a general audience. If you look at series by popularity, a huge amount of them are quite drama-filled.

I mean, it's why the two great pillars of GL are drama and comedy.

Dex-chan lover
This whole arc has definitely been a slog. I'm always wondering though how was it received in Japan? Are Japanese readers as fed up as we are?

Dex-chan lover
bro give me a god damn break! we are talking about the most DUMB GF IN GL for puting some dumb bitch roommate over her GF moving together! the level of stupidity doesn’t mean we should be “what about this” here LOOL otherwise with your shity logic we should go that grape ain’t as bad as burning alive! like REALLY?
Calm down friend, it's just a story loool

Dex-chan lover
You haven't read that much GL have you? Trust me, some of the vintage stuff had levels of stupid over 9000. Even in current stuff . . . consider Whisper Me a Love Song, and that . . . can you even call it an "arc" when the most annoying character in the manga throws a wrench in the main love story while taking over about half the damn manga so far? That has to rank as way stupider than this.
I am already calling the trash GF from Whisper me a love song Kase 2.0…

Dex-chan lover
at long last this arc is over....

but i feel it wont be the last of drama that comes with that roommate

but with that said lets see whats next

Dex-chan lover
She isn't thinking about Yamada's perspective basically ever, whereas Yamada is always thinking about how Kase feels and giving her the benefit of the doubt.

But you see this happen in real life all the time. Frankly, it happens in what I'd guess is the majority of marriages even. People rarely perfectly match on levels of self-interest and partner focus/care.
I don't know about others but for me that's what upsets me so much about this arc. Stuff like the drama in Whisper me a Love Song is just pointless Yuri drama. It will pass and if I make it through it I can get back to the main couple and forget all about it.

This is actually plot. This remains, no matter what happens next. We've seen Kase doesn't consider Yamada's feelings in anything, and we've seen several opportunities for her to learn a lesson slip away with nothing. On this trajectory she's going to hurt Yamada, which I don't want to see. She doesn't currently deserve the dedication Yamada shows to her. That's why the arc is so hard for me, because it's a realistic story building to heartbreak.

But, for now, I don't think it's the drop in quality others think it is. I'll only be able to tell that if she never learns. As much as I don't want to see our little plant get hurt, if something doesn't happen to snap Kase into reality and they just go straight into happily ever after, that's the point where I'll be confident in saying the mangaka lost their way with the story. It'd be garbage for me at that point.

Dex-chan lover
I maintain that no character has developed since year 3 of HS, and all have been getting stupider over time.

Dex-chan lover
help everyone hates kase so much 💀 i also despised her for a quite long time when she prioritized a race over HER OWN GF 💀💀💀 but like... chill. lets move on to the "baby girl and me move into a new house" arc and forget about it, please lmfao

Aggregator gang
I am still kinda pissed Kase didn't help with anything moving together related AND made a stupid bet over moving with her girlfriend for no reason... Yamada holding this relationship together hard this arc. Worst part is Kase still didn't realise her mistakes or learn anything from all this.

Users who are viewing this thread