Yamada and Kase-san. - Ch. 32 - Fukami and Kase-san (part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Fuck l never considered that Kase would just play super dense and not recognize it as a confession...
God damn it. I spent like two months theorizing about how the conversation would go. That Kase might get mad that Fukami had interfered with the move for selfish reasons. That Kase would go apologize to Yamada for down playing her very justified concerns. That Kase would open to Fukami about her relationship with Yamada. That Kase might come out to the rest of the team. That Fukami would finally figure out their relationship on her own because of the Hickey.

But fuck. We're stuck with this stupid god damn race plot for good it seems. And who knows how long its going to take to actually get to the race.

I think the idea is all supposed to call back to the original "Yamada is Jealous and Suspicious of Kase's relationship with a track friend" arc from the original story which also resolved when Kase and that girl had a race.

Kase coming out to her track team, and moving in with Yamada feel like the last arrows in the authors quiver of big plot developments so I guess they are reluctant to use them quickly. Kase and Yamada's families have been such a small part of the story so far that coming out to them doesn't feel like it matters but I guess we could eventually lead into it at some point. I doubt coming out to any one else in her life who doesn't already know would drastically change things for Yamada. But there could be potential drama for Kase since shes a star athlete. I get how coming out could stir up problems for her at school and potentially ruin her future if people get super icky and homophobic about it. And moving in together/ getting married is usually the end point of these series so we probably wont get that till the end, but I do like when series carry on and show a bit of married couple life so I guess I'll keep looking forward to it and hope we move past the "race" arc soon.

Last edited:
Fuck l never considered that Kase would just play super dense and not recognize it as a confession...
God damn it. I spent like two months theorizing about how the conversation would go. That Kase might get mad that Fukami had interfered with the move for selfish reasons. That Kase would go apologize to Yamada for down playing her very justified concerns. That Kase would open to Fukami about her relationship with Yamada. That Kase might come out to the rest of the team.
That Fukami would finally figure out their relationship on her own because of the Hickey. But fuck. We're stuck with this stupid god damn race plot for good it seems.
Okay but hear me out, that would've actually made sense... so of course not...

Reactions: Tlo
Dex-chan lover
How can this be so stupid? Now she’s going to leave no matter the result of the race even when she’s told Yamada something else and forcing her to give up on the place she’s found? And wtf Kase with the whole “as a friend right?” thing. Just talk about it, why is a race even needed for you to act like a normal human.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, this authour is something else aren't they... From the last page I believe Fukami didn't confess romantically which is great, but oh boy Kase with the back-to-back stupid decisions.
Also I see people say that since Kase is lesbian she should suspect what her "confession" meant. But you guys gotta understand we're talking about Japan here, lgbtq is rare and coming out is very consequential socially. Kase can't just assume oh she's a lesbian too or just tell Fukami that she has a GF even if she is somewhat trustworthy. Knowing how cheery and cutsie this manga is I imagine Kase would be fine if the whole dorm discovered she has a GF but realistically speaking coming out should be reserved for veeery close people to her.

Dex-chan lover
Kase needs an intervention. Because she is so stupid. Yamada has had so much character growth. Working for certifications, getting a job. doing research for finding a place to live. Dealing with her stupid girlfriend. Whatever happened to that horndog sprinter who would do anything to have a Yamada taco for breakfast every morning. "Sorry Fukami, I can't tell you why I am moving out and it is s single bedroom with one bed. Nothing strange going on except what I will be doing to that little cinnamon roll. BYE!" At least there are updates.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, at least it's not about leaving the dorm now. I guess it's decided regardless of the result.
P.S. I don't particularly like this arc too, but look at all these masochists in the comments lol. It's as if someone makes you read this manga at the point of a gun. No, Yamada won't break with Kase, read the bloody title. And yes, the plot will stay as stupid as ever, it won't get any better.

Dex-chan lover
Wait so was it really just as a friends thing? Having the roommate say what else could it be in her head, and the fact that she doesn’t even consider if kase is gay makes it really just seem about friendship, which is kinda funny lol
This right here. I never even thought about it that way. That would be actually incredible. Fukami actually is just clumsy and wants to be friends. She already has been established to have broken several friendships because of her tongue. She never once talks about a GF. Hmmmm

Group Leader
WHY DO YOU NEED A FUCKING RACE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING ? Just talk like normal peoples do and don't serve me the "but they're teenagers", teenagers can talk things through normally.
Mmmh... we're still talking about coming out, not exactly light matter.

Dex-chan lover
We waited so long for this shit?! I mean Kase is a fucking idiot now.
Yamada-supremacy!!! I will tear down kasenation and salt the earth! :mad:

Dex-chan lover
I feel like at this point in this arc, this is probably the only way of dealing with it.

The damage is already done.
What she's doing now makes no difference to Yamada-Kase relationship.
Kase now implies that she is leaving regardless, so that's fine.
Not immediately spilling the beans - that's fine as well, especially since it involves Yamada, so they should probably talk it out.

I don't think Kase didn't get what was said, she just pushed it aside for now, to not dunk on the girl + out Yamada, since she'll be leaving anyway (hopefully). It doesn't matter, outside maybe giving her some false hope. But dropping the bomb wouldn't change the situation either.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Imagine the author takes "beating around the bush" to next level, to "beating around the race track".

We're on a drag race, but unfortunately it's not drag racing, but a literal drag, and it's not a race to see the fastest time either.

OH COME ON, I DEFENDED YOU LAST CHAPTER KASE. SWEETIE- ok but for real for real, this could have been worse. Imma be legit with y'all, this manga is light hearted at its core but sadly we have to admit that homophobia is still a concept even if a manga doesn't address it directly. Being sneaky and not telling people makes sense when you remember that Japan is not special when it comes to having homophobia and bias still present. Even if this is a GL/Yuri series you can't call it a "trope" since it's just normal behavior for queer people to "test the waters" and not confirm or deny anything until they are sure they're in the presence of other queer people. Which Kase very much is not. Kase is legit only referring to Yamada as her "boyfriend" because <b>everyone</b> assumes she's straight by default. Which is <i>safer</i> than outing not only herself but Yamada as well.

So I'll calm my old queer self down since I did this same "pretend to be straight", dodge directly referring to anything gay, routine for years until I was a fully self sufficient adult. (Which Kase and Yamada are not)

I knew it! NO FUCKING REJECTION! at this point im just waiting for kase and yamada to break-up ( i know it wont happen but let me have my copium). I hope yamada smarten up, break up, move on and find another cuz this a-whole-nother level of toxic relationship.

Dex-chan lover
This right here. I never even thought about it that way. That would be actually incredible. Fukami actually is just clumsy and wants to be friends. She already has been established to have broken several friendships because of her tongue. She never once talks about a GF. Hmmmm
No I'm pretty sure she's just in denial.

seriously, I can't even make sense of this stupid running race anymore. Kase is going way overboard in this dumb arc. can't she just freaking explain that Yamada is her damn 'girlfriend' like Yamada did when Kase got all jealous about that celebrity arc?!

Users who are viewing this thread