Yamada to Sensei

Dex-chan lover
Interesting.
And not incest. Guess i will follow this

Dex-chan lover
Ah i get it. This is her take on a 'healing' manga, these have been getting popular lately. "Old" and tired dude gets healed by kind and cute girl. On this case though MC is an asshole and i have to say she's quite different from the vast majority of heroines from Igarashi's manga. Lacking that fickleness/mischievousness they usually have, if anything the dude is the one who's fickle. First chapter was a bit of a mess though.

Power Uploader
@KajurN

I like it better than Musume no Tomodati already for that reason — the old and tired character there was just such an empty self-insert that had no agency and was rang along. At least this one is morally dubious and practically rapes him; and he's also like "Don't touch my breasts; that's my condition." instead of being a sexually advancing Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

My sides HAHAHAHAHA. The teacher is comedy gold. That aside, I like this a lot, it ticks so many boxes and the main character is quite different from the usual archetypes in this kind of manga.

Power Uploader
It seems to be from the opposite side of Musume no Tomodati and Senko-San thus far, which seem to be about wish fulfillment of exhausted office workers meeting some young girl to cheer them up. This is rather seemingly written from the phantasy of the young girl that meets an exhausted older arsehole and cheers him up.

Dex-chan lover
Interested to see how MC's existence gets unfolded. Gonna be a long road tho it appears.

Dex-chan lover
So ya
Thought ya
Might like to go to the show?
To feel the warm thrill of confusion
That space cadet glow?
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes,
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Apparently this is supposed to be a parody, maybe? I'm unfamiliar with what it's lampooning though, so I will treat it as a simple story of a strange girl meeting an unrepentant jackass. Everythings moved along way too quickly and conveniently to be believable thus far, but it's seinen so I really hope their developing relationship will eventually smooth over the gaping crevices the first chapters left.

Power Uploader
Lol what? The first volume was literally just released yesterday. They also gave chapter 6 a center color page to celebrate it. It must take something extraordinary for a cancellation this early.
Q74eEFg.jpg

Power Uploader
@Vringi I was just reacting to the publication status on this page. I can't find a cancellation notice anywhere, and the magazine is still promoting the manga as usual. MangaUpdate still lists the series as ongoing, so probably a mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread