Yamu ni Yamarenu! - Ch. 1 - Big-breasted Demon and Yandere Fox

Dex-chan lover
...okay gonna be honest. This didn't went even remotely in any direction I thought it would.

Supporter
the other girls were probably gonna stab him too, the fox girl just reached him first

Dex-chan lover
MC: "You killed me once, and just stabbed me, saying you're gonna kill me again, but it's OK, I love you, and forgive you."
Personally, terribly off-putting, I actually lost family once (almost 2x) irl, they got knifed by their girlfriend cuz she didn't want them to leave. Once to an uncle, and the almost was my dad...
Man I am sorry for that, but how does that happened (almost) twice?

Dex-chan lover
So like a reverse "did you think you can run after reincarnation, onii san?" honestly I don't have a ton bad to say here. This is at least a different direction from general isekai harem trash. I'm already a degenerate for yandere love interests, but what I actually kinda like here is they're a representation of actual consequence for a degenerate trope (a harem of really OP powerful isekai girls). I actually like that the dude was killed as a direct result of having a harem and reincarnation was used as a way to steal him away from it (like it wasn't "just" the yandere being batshit, but there was a pretty good plan there that legit worked for a hot minute... though she probably should've reincarnated as his next door neighbor/childhood friend; why put herself in a position where it's illegal to even get married?).

There was also a plan in mind with going back however that's also backfired because it turns out every women in his harem wanted a monogamous relationship. Actually kinda hard to call this yandere when that's... kinda normal and a reasonable thing to want. The Fox Girl again just made it unnecessarily sus by reincarnating into his sister and not the girl next door. Otherwise not like he's been chained down or barred from having and we at least haven't "seen" her stalk him at school and such. Not to justify murder, but that he died BECAUSE the girls just didn't like being in a harem and they were all op in their own right (it seems) and the one that killed him knew how to revive them both in a setting where she wouldn't be just another harem member, at least seems reasonable. Like there's logic behind it and it's a neat consequence.

Granted we all know this series is going to quickly become and ultimately end as generic OP MC isekai harem trash, but I don't dislike this as a chapter one. Like it plays with common tropes in a bit of a new one and messes with reader's expectations. But there's still nothing that feels like it just came out of nowhere. The MC had some agency and wasn't completely oblivious (though I would have liked to see him internalize the reveal way more; like either introspect and realize (especially having been in our modern world so long now) that a harem kinda isn't great and he was probably mistreating all the women or if he was a lot angrier about the whole situation considered he was murdered and brought to a world where he has no power)).

I mean if this was another author and in another genre this could be really really good. Like if the whole thing started here with the portal opening and the MC thinking he'd return to his world but in actuality his harem is trying to invade and keep him in our world. He's forced to fight and kill them as he slowly realizes he turned them into monsters by abusing their love. All the while he's forced to work with a demon (from our world) he naively made a contract with that actually just wants to conquer his original world. Like it'd be great if the MC started off as the typical op isekai reincarnator and "grew up" from learning just how irresponsible and disconnected he used to be.

Dex-chan lover
Uh don't mean to interrupt your monologuing there Demon-chan, but I'm thinking you dun goofed.

Hmm i wonder if there yandere with gun, i'm pretty bored with stabbing.

Dex-chan lover
Man I am sorry for that, but how does that happened (almost) twice?
I did explain it.
The first instance was an uncle. He actually died. His GF literally knifed him in the back when he said he was breaking up with her.
The second instance was my dad (this happened a few years ago). He had divorced, and started dating. My dad hasn't had the best of luck with women, but he chose one that was truly crazy. I dunno what happened, he didn't explain it to me, but the girlfriend in question had 2 kids, and he was thinking about marrying her, then one night at his house alone, he wakes up with her holding a butcher knife over his chest, getting ready to stab him. He didn't tell me what happened next, just that he broke things off with her after that (and changed the locks on the house).

Users who are viewing this thread