Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 14 Ch. 175 - Flight Response Scramble

Dex-chan lover
As a quick reminder, this got licensed… by an AI manga translation startup

Normally I’d say to support the official release, and the author tweeted that they checked with Emaqi and they're using a human translator, but… I trust them as much as I can throw them

I‘m all for AI when it comes to creating anime out of existing art but with mangas being translated… it’s super important to know who’s speaking what and what’s the character like to get a good translation. Imagine Anjou w/o the gyaru talk/ vibe

Group Leader

Normally I’d say to support the official release, and the author tweeted that they checked with Emaqi and they're using a human translator, but… I trust them as much as I can throw them
Emaqi is the app, Orange is the company. I cannot disclose my sources, but it is being translated by a human. It is however edited by non-native english speakers, and the translator has very little input on those edits. Take that as you will.

Dex-chan lover
Legitimately what this story needed: proactive women to push these reluctant men.

I'm not even 100% against AI translations so long as they have a competent editors who are bilingual and can check for correct context and correct details. However, making assurances of that kind while also being an AI startup is sus as fuck. Also I could never support a company with such a garbage mascot.

Dex-chan lover
it is being translated by a human. It is however edited by non-native english speakers, and the translator has very little input on those edits.
that sounds like what webtoon may be doing w/ some of its translations & it ends up being somewhere between not great to outright incoherant and contradictory:/

On this chapter, Inuyama's dynamic w/ his mom is awesome and feels very right for the character, and yay that Toyo was proactive!

Dex-chan lover

Normally I’d say to support the official release, and the author tweeted that they checked with Emaqi Orange and they're using a human translator, but… I trust them as much as I can throw them
I mean... seeing how bad official localization and translation are when done the old ways, it can't be worse... And those fuckers who botch and and change stories deserve to lose their jobs to AI

Dex-chan lover
This is a great development. I want to see both sides of what happens asap.

Users who are viewing this thread