Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 6 Ch. 72 - Anjou-san and Seto-kun's Wishes

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, it is pretty difficult to be just a friend with a girl or girls or with a guy or guys when you are a raging bag of teenage hormones. When you've never been in a romantic relationship before. When you are still working out what romantic feelings are. There is a reason why teenage years are also a byword for romantic drama. That said, having non-romantic relationships with people of other gender(s) does help you work out what the heck is up and what the differences are.

I should add that all of them are saying things etc that totally normal teenagers would (softened through the lens of manga conventions).

Dex-chan lover
Gotta feel a lil sorry for Seto tbh. Poor bastard is put through the ringer constantly.

@Lightningxp You're a moron. One of my best friends is a girl and I've known her for 6+ years at this point. You sound like a child that needs to grow up. A big part of maturity is admitting you are wrong and letting go.

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMonster I mean, it's more like he's actively denying it from himself, instead of not noticing it. If he didn't notice it, he wouldn't be doing all that reacting and retreating from those advances. It's wondrous, what our minds can both suppress or make up, when it comes to that. Just think of all the people in the closet.

Dex-chan lover
@Qwormuli
Yeah, Self-deception (Or how it's called?) was the case with MC prior, but at this point that's just impossible. If you want to kiss\feel\bang a girl, you definitely know that you want to do it! You can't hide your desires from yourself. You can trying to deny them (though It's gonna be like denying the fact that you are extremely hungry or thirsty), but you can't doubt them if you already have them. And our MC is obviously have such desires. He aroused by Anjou presence, he definitely wants to hold her hand, kiss her etc and he knows it. Many times he had thought bubbles like: "If we were couple", "If i was her boyfriend" etc. It's just impossible for him to say: "Hmm, maybe I don't want to kiss her actually?". What he should be thinking is something like: "No-no-no! I must stop thinking about kisses" etc. People in the closet - another case. They actually believe what they are saying.

Anyway it's just a trope to maintain status quo. It's not like this is the 1st time it used in manga with dense\shy MC. Authors just don't bother with something more plausible. Well, I'm not sure there are any plausible ways for this though.

Dex-chan lover
"Hey, warn me sooner. I drank a little". GODDAMMIT ANJOU! You're doing this on purpose!
Also, Chita with that "Fire! Fire!", wtf? XD

@CookieMonster You have a point, but I feel like you went offtrack along the way. He's not wondering "do I want to bang this hot chick?". He obviously wants to. What he KEEPS wondering is "Do I want to be ESPECIAL for this girl?". Which, mind you, is a very different feeling. And one he's never experienced, with the setting we have.
The first time he wants to dress up; the first time he wants to dress up for someone else. The first time he experiences jealousy too (well, not this chapter, but this relationship I mean).

So...yeah, you got a point. And yeah, it's trop-ish. Just like 80% of tropes are actual real, just not common. Or like 80% of character archetypes also exist in real life.

My man's keep getting interrupted when he tryna tell something lol

Seems like my BL radar was off.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, Tokio is a teen. And all teens are dumb. So I guess it's not that much of a surprise he's got a garbage thought like that. XD

Opposite sexes can be friends kids, just gotta lay out your true intentions and set the boundaries.

Aggregator gang
Just gotta set some ground rules and put down an understanding and then opposite genders can be friends, also cool that the lil brother is in love with chi and not anjou, that would’ve been lame

Users who are viewing this thread