Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 7 Ch. 82 - Anjou-san Likes Omelet Rice

At least MC noticedd he have something to do to fix it. Acknowleding is the first step. A step 80% romance manga MC don't do ...

@grecefar yes, this something i noticed in a lot of manga ... even if the FMC want MC to make a move, they bruch of every flirt as a joke wich do not help at all ...

Dex-chan lover
Oh? That last line gave me a bit of hope for our homeboy

Looks like Seto is about to yell

LET’S er....um....ah....maybe.....GOOOOOOOOOOO

Looks like Seto is about to yell

LET’S er....um....ah....maybe.....GOOOOOOOOOOO

Dex-chan lover
Dudes gonna be on his deathbed, surrounded by weeping grandbabies, desperately trying to focus on the age-lined face of his wife, and as the sight darkens and he slips away, his last thoughts are going to be, Maybe... maybe Anjou-san does like me... No, that's impossible.

And @Qwormuli is right, Anjou is not helping matters at all. Wanting him to have more self-confidence is fine and all; what would help with that is the ability to communicate honestly! Maybe knowing that someone is genuinely interested in him would actually be better for him than this constant teasing and blue-balling.

Comparing this series to Nagatoro is interesting. I like them both, and recognize they have similar flaws, but the characters there feel like they have more depth than this. The senpai in Nagatoro has actually changed since the beginning of that series, and we see a lot more of why he and Nagatoro act the way that they do. The characters here, though, don't have much going on beyond the surface. There's, what, two scenes in the series that reveal something about them that a reader couldn't observe or guess within a few panels of their interaction? One can also draw parallels between Yancha Gal no Anjou-san -> Ijiranaide Nagatoro-san and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san -> Tonari no Seki-kun. The latter manga have more varied character dynamics; both Nagatoro and Seki get flustered and have the opportunity to "lose" in their series, whereas Takagi and Anjou are always in control, always have the upper hand in their interactions with the male lead. It feels more repetitive and, well, boring.

I still like the series, like I said, but the flaws that this genre are susceptible to are very, very apparent and the mangaka does not seem to be in a rush to address them. It's unfortunate, as I love the art style here, and some of the side characters are genuinely pretty funny.

Users who are viewing this thread