Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 7 Ch. 82 - Anjou-san Likes Omelet Rice

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the love interests need to have some repercussions from their "rejections", either when confronted by their friends or when messing around.

Especially if you've got MCs with bad self-esteem like Seto. Hearing that displays of affections are only just jokes, or saying that there's nothing between you with friends present, it seems a side to explore could be any negative effects with the MC and resulting (temporary) pushing away of the love interest. Could make it a bit more interesting than the "it's a joke!" "HUWAHH!?" you seem to frequently get.

From what I've read, BokuYaba seems to be the only one that deals with the doubts of the MC in any meaningful way. Happy to be proven wrong!

Dex-chan lover
I fear that this Manga will end if they do end up together, like most of the romcom. Shame really, many Manga become a lot more interesting after the main ship become a couple

The main selling point of this series for me is the fact that there's no external bullshit love interference between Seto and Anjou. Sure it's slow but it manages to actually have small bits of development just between the 2 of them. It's something I wish other authors would try to work on more too, without having to rely on introducing character after character just to have the plot move.

Fed-Kun's army
I know that Seto is being a pussy here but the same way applies to Anjou too. Instead of being direct and simply confessing , she likes to drop subtle hints without bearing significant risk by saying the "just kidding" line at every moment. She pushes the responsibility of confessing to Seto. I wouldn't really have any sympathy for her if other girls snatched Seto by confessing to him first.

@SuggarBoss Believe me I wouldn't get it either when I was younger, heck till this day I would probably miss this "hint". Like most guys keep telling women stop using hints, just be clear we're simple creatures

@Sweet_Seats i like her, i really want her and seto to get together, but yea if another girl were to take note of his many, many charming aspects and tried to steal him from her, it'd be hard to feel bad for anjou in that regard considering rather than take a plunge and just come out with it with no "just kidding" attached, she carefully avoids the matter just in case he rejects her. this is despite the fact she should know by now, he's in the same boat of being scared to take a chance. after all, until her he only ever really had one friend, and while he's very slowly gaining some confidence in himself, it's still fragile for a guy with such low self esteem. i can understand wanting the guy you like to be the one to confess, since it also assures you there aren't any one sided feelings at play. however, if she keeps doing this he may end up getting psyched out of telling her how he feels because he'll be scared it was a one sided attraction on his part.

Wonder how long till the author finally comes out and admits this whole thing was just NTR and Anjou-san was stringing Seto along all this time for her own power play. Guessing it may be up till they leave school.

@Anarchyant TBH that would be hilarious. Seto committing suicide and maybe Anjou gets one of those slave stomach tattoos. It's so depressing it's funny.

Dex-chan lover
Wel I, for one, think he looks pretty good with a cap; it takes the edge away from his ridiculous bowl cut, at least.

@LordManatee Nah skip the suicide bit, too swift and soon. He will end up like Forrest Gump, led along by the nose though college and uni years, always being baited by her while she cucks him with other men. Then one plot twist is that while being made to go to a drinking meeting during university, he gets paired up with someone who looks just like Anjou. Being a lightweight he only has one drink and is out like a light and taken by the Anjou look a like to a love hotel. He wakes up the next morning, blearily putting on his glasses with one wrist dangling a pair of handcuffs off of only to catch "her" coming out of the shower, dropping the towelonly to find.......yes, its a TRAP! He doesnt recall a thing, and "Anjou oni chan" keeps on making remarks about the night, and he will be sending the pictures over later and hope he isnt too sore this morning....

Users who are viewing this thread