Yancha Gal no Anjou-san

@FacePalmEXE We planned to fill the rest of Vol.3 back in even before the other group removed their releases.

@rh75 We've actually never sniped any series other than Anjou.

Other series that were started by other groups and ended up with releases by us were because the members of those groups brought those projects to us. Then, we were dead for quite a few years because most of our group members got busy with life. It's only natural that when you go into hibernation for a few years, other groups pick back up on your stalled projects.

However, at least two group members were literal real-life snipers (in the life-ending way), so you are at least semi-correct in that way!

Also, to correct those who keep calling us "a new group", we're actually ancient by today's standards. We date back to 2010 under this name, and some group members have been doing scanlation since 2005/2006 or so. We just also haven't done pretty much anything (other than Anjou) for 4+ years for the reasons mentioned above.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, you guys made me go to the group's site to read this, somehow that's a first.
Welp, gonna bookmark it so I can read the better translated ones there when they get released, since aggregators usually just take what got released first 🤔

Shots fired lmfao. I love scan groups for bringing me great reading joy but if they think they deserve a single cent they are deluding themselves.

Bring your add blocker if you go off site for the missing chapters please.

@Snowave Not entirely sure about it, but it seems like some shits are going on with the scanlators, and one of the groups decided to pull back the chapters theyve posted.

Regarding Facepalm's "support the official release" pitch and Amazon links in Chapter 38, I'm not sure if Shonengahosha (or any other publisher for that matter) views sales from third party sellers via storefronts (i.e.- Amazon when it's not 'fulfilled by Amazon' or 'Kindle DRM license', eBay) as positive stats to gauge interest: I'd assume not since most of these storefronts are either users or individuals who already purchased a product and used it or that kept it specifically for resale and has thus already contributed to their actual sales. People familiar with the "used game sales don't help game developers" argument might understand this easier.

There's more direct ways to support the author and publisher via their actual sites, but I think further discussion on that should be considered advertising, which is supposed to be against the rules (5.4.6).

All that aside, I'm not sure I'd want to see an animated adaptation of this, considering the strong points for the expressions and the like in the large panels rely on essentially being fish-eye lens-like pin-up images. I'm pretty sure that most studios would not do it justice in a 16:9 format without excessive reliance on panning still-shots.

Dex-chan lover
The real question is, will facepalm fill the gap? 29 through 36 chapters, will they be done?

@Guralub Yes, we will fill in the gap.

We're going to be doing chapters 41 and 42 first, then once those are out we will be filling in the gap over the coming weeks.

Dex-chan lover
First time i read this i thought oh it's one of those "mc" but after reading further seto is little bit different should i say, he's not quite bullied or loner as many similar manga although his exaggerated expression get on my nerve sometime, but he just hard worker diligent person that some kind of "i just want to stay out of trouble and live in peace" kinda guy. But more interesting after that chapter reveal that he actually handsome and somewhat popular among girls if he change his appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread