Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 11 - The Daily Life of a Not Yet Mentally Ill Magical Girl...6

Group Leader
448736717-1871103510031310-2441303386763755377-n.jpg

I feel like I'm being called out here

Dex-chan lover
She really should just quit being a magical girl and get professional mental help, it's not helping her at all, and as said before, she is a danger to other's lives in such a mental state.

Problem is that I am not sure if the magical girl "mafia" will let her leave peacefully...

Contributor
With the way she's bottling down all her emotion to continue fight she's reminding me of depictions of soldiers in war. Put in situations where there's no time or place to relax and adjust to normalcy and continously having to function in high-stress environments.
Only waiting for "shell-shock" to strike.

Dex-chan lover
It's always interesting to see where authors take these kinds of stories, I look forward to seeing more.

This series manages to always get the strangest comments, not creepy, but strange haha.

Double-page supporter
Man, doesn't the last few lines just seem... oddly relatable? Phrases like "It's fine.. I'm perfectly fine..." or "I'm going to reset. This isn't like me at all..." just seem oddly relatable for some reason. It makes me question if the author is depressed.

From my POV (as someone who has these thoughts before and still do sometimes), it's a great coping mechanism if used properly. You get too heated in a silly argument? Remind yourself it isn't like you and calm down. Of course, the way she's doing it is not healthy at all, but what other choice does she have? I hope Chamii will stop any attempts at "you-know-what" if she does decides life isn't worth it.

Dex-chan lover
The worst part in this whole mess is how blameless everyone is. The "friend" was just venting, something absolutely normal for someone her age after unwittingly walking into a situation too complex for her to deal with. Akari is 100% right in being upset at hearing what her only friend was saying about her. Add the monster thing and you have a recipe for disaster.

The girl leaving was probably for the best. How can you live normally after something like that? Akari's mental state now makes tons of sense. Yes, nothing bad happened to her. She just lost the one thread keeping her from collapsing. It's just so sad.

Dex-chan lover
i didn't expect to be called out like this by a manga about a depressed magical girl damn
this is definitely based on the author's lived experience there's no other way to explain its accuracy

I dont even think its what her friend said that is gong to break her. Its about how she responded to it. She hates herself for not even trying to save her. When you're insecure, it’s easy to dwell on mistakes. Self loathing can drive you into a really dark place.

Users who are viewing this thread