Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 4 - The Daily Life of a Mentally Ill Magical Girl...3

Dex-chan lover
Hallucinations can just be a symptom of very severe depression/anxiety too so I think that's probably what the author is going for
It's how I take it too.

But what if they're not hallucinations? What if her pinky really did explode? Chamii wasn't there when it happened.

I don't know, but going by how the other magical girl was and her interactions with Chamii, this is not a kind world for magical girls, it might be pretty grim like Madoka, so who knows, maybe all her mental issues are partially attack from a enemy, monster or whatever :finnawoke:

Alternative, she lived in a society, and she's close to her one bad day.

Dex-chan lover
Love seeing the Madoka chicken at the end with a card capturer Sakura staff and another staff I don’t know
it kinda looks sci-fi-y but i haven't seen enough magical girl stuff to know where it's from lol

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling that the magical mascot will also catch the depresso.
He said he also 'didn't understand human emotions' so i'm not sure if it'd be the same way. unless she ends up catatonic/comatose or dead and he just gives up on his 'job' too but that's one way for the evil organizations to win

Dex-chan lover
It's how I take it too.

But what if they're not hallucinations? What if her pinky really did explode? Chamii wasn't there when it happened.

I don't know, but going by how the other magical girl was and her interactions with Chamii, this is not a kind world for magical girls, it might be pretty grim like Madoka, so who knows, maybe all her mental issues are partially attack from a enemy, monster or whatever :finnawoke:

Alternative, she lived in a society, and she's close to her one bad day.
Rather than it being because of an attack i think its possible that her mental state can affect her body, kinda like harming herself unintentionally with magic

Dex-chan lover
considering the amount of magical girls there is, it's rather strange how guiding mascot seems to act alone.

I was iffy with the chapters because mental health is a heavy subject that some authors aren't adapt to writing about, and I was worried that the mental health here would just be "shock" element for the magical girl series. But as someone who experiences hallucinations and do strange coping mechanisms that only I can understand, seeing the magical girl being taken seriously and not ridiculed for her clearly deterioating health... means a lot to me, strangely. Keeping this series on my list, love to see how the author continues on this route.

Dex-chan lover
Rather than it being because of an attack i think its possible that her mental state can affect her body, kinda like harming herself unintentionally with magic
i wonder if she wouldn't 'let herself be defeated' or vent out her stress/issues by beating up the monsters, tho i'd hope that the mascot chara would be able to sense if a monster was able to sneak into their neighborhood

Dex-chan lover
considering the amount of magical girls there is, it's rather strange how guiding mascot seems to act alone.
i think it's 'one magical girl per city' or so? tho prolly more since tokyo is a big city, or maybe prefectures? like "Tokyo" itself still has "cities" within it or so? Or districts/wards/whatever they're called , but yeah in a 'normal' setting i'd think there'd be like a team of 3-4 girls per school, not that this MC is going to school but still

Users who are viewing this thread