Yandere-chan Is Scary - Ch. 6

Group Leader

Thanks for reading Chapter 6 of Yandere-chan is Scary!

Just wanted to note some things regarding this chapter.
  • In Page 2, the "twitch" sfx was supposed to be vein popping or anger, to represent a nerve being struck (obviously). I changed it to "twitch" instead for the convenience of space, so hope it's all good.
  • In Page 4, the little cousin said "I'm the cousin big bro is engaged to." The word she used for "engaged" was "婚約", which uh, literally means engagement or betrothal. I don't know, I'm writing this at 4am.
Thanks again for reading! Hope all is well~

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little confused... The synopsis says "A Yandere girl obsessed with her childhood friend, how will this story unfold?" and this seems to be the case since, in chapter 5, Yandere-chan says that she knows the models of his family's cell phones. So it seems like she knows his family, but it also seems like she didn't know his cousin who is also his fiancée even though Yandere-chan is a childhood friend? I looked for an official synopsis but couldn't find it.

Thanks for the chapter!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She's gonna end up missing...Tho shouldn't they know each other? If the summary is like "obsessed with childhood friend" (altho i guess depending, you wouldn't necessarily meet someone's cousin versus sibling unless they lived close by)

That said while it may be 'accepted' assuming she's not joking, i wonder how likely it is for someone to still marry their cousin outside of the incest fanservice manga (unless it's a business/arranged marriage for company/family reasons versus someone actually falling in love)

Dex-chan lover
Is this series about to receive the gore tag :worry:
well she might be kidnapped or traumatized but depends on how much the author wants to draw blood lol

It's much more 'fascinating' storytelling wise for some 'psychological' warfare versus like, her bashing the 'rival's' head in with a bat lol. or just threaten by like ruining their parents life or social reputation

Dex-chan lover
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Damn, I want to know what kind of rizz does this bro has to attract two yanderes.

Supporter
That said while it may be 'accepted' assuming she's not joking, i wonder how likely it is for someone to still marry their cousin outside of the incest fanservice manga (unless it's a business/arranged marriage for company/family reasons versus someone actually falling in love)
I'd be willing to hazard a guess that 'cousin' doesn't necessarily have to be a reference to specifically being a first cousin, but could just be a blanket term of extended family at large.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese Wikipedia says that in a survey carried out in 1986, only 1.6% of marriages were between cousins. English Wikipedia has a global map, but the source link is broken. Here's the map:

1CHtSuZ.png

Thanks for reading Chapter 6 of Yandere-chan is Scary!

Just wanted to note some things regarding this chapter.
  • In Page 2, the "twitch" sfx was supposed to be vein popping or anger, to represent a nerve being struck (obviously). I changed it to "twitch" instead for the convenience of space, so hope it's all good.
  • In Page 4, the little cousin said "I'm the cousin big bro is engaged to." The word she used for "engaged" was "婚約", which uh, literally means engagement or betrothal. I don't know, I'm writing this at 4am.
Thanks again for reading! Hope all is well~
Moarrrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread