I Thought She Was a Yandere, but Apparently She's Even Worse - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
Someone explain to me what is a yandere in monke terms pls
I went to the dere wiki recently and I understood nothing.
the only thing I understood is there are different types of yandere, obsession and there's no need for blood to be called a yandere.
Unless I'm mistaken and she's actually a yandere but her Yakuza boss thing overpowers her yandere trait.
Ok, so the short version can basically be summed up as such;

According to a Wikipedia article: “A Japanese term for a person who is initially very cheerful, kind, loving, caring, and gentle to someone (or at least innocent) they really, truly like and care about a lot until, their purely intense romantic love, admiration, and devotion becomes feisty, stubborn, bossy, and mentally destructive in nature, usually, but not always through either overprotectiveness, violence, brutality, or all three."

The word "yandere" is a combination of "yanderu" (mentally/emotionally ill) and "deredere" (lovey-dovey). But when you see a yandere they are usually 1 of 2 types on a spectrum: obsessive and possessive.

Obsessive yanderes are on the lighter end of the scale. They'll obsess over their target, they'll get crazy jealous when someone else interacts with said target, but at least they won't try to solve all their problems with murder. Doesn't stop them from being scary though. Possessive yanderes however, tend to be MUCH more dangerous. They're cunning, manipulative, very, very, VERY stabby and (usually) will not hesitate to do ANYTHING they think they need to do whether that be torture, kidnapping, blackmail or murder.

With our FMC here, she's... probably more of an obsessive type. Sure, in the last chapter it looked like she was gonna carve up Higashi's cousin like a Christmas turkey for a family of 12, but the fact that she hasn't used her yakuza ties to do it or outright kidnap poor Higashi shows that she's not the possessive type.

Fed-Kun's army
Might as well throw this out there for Americans:
1920px-CousinMarriageWorld.svg.png

Laws regarding first-cousin marriage around the world. First-cousin marriage legal Allowed with restrictions Legality dependent on religion or culture2 Banned with exceptions Statute bans marriage, but not crime Criminal offense No available data Source

Dex-chan lover
US jurisdictions in which first cousins can marry legally without special conditions: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Vermont.

American states in which first cousins can marry legally if infertility conditions obtain: Arizona, Indiana, Utah, and Wisconsin.

American states in which first cousins can marry legally if other special conditions obtain: Maine and Minnesota.

Canadian provinces in which first cousins may legally marry without special conditions: All.

European jurisdictions in which first cousins may legally marry without special conditions: Almost all. The exceptions are Romania and most of former Yugoslavia. Bans are under significant consideration in Germany, in the Netherlands, in Sweden, and in the UK.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
she reached yandere levels where she sees incest as an option!
(it seems its legal in japan others say but still! )

Dex-chan lover
She didn't say what degree of cousin. If she is a daughter of an uncle or untie, then yuck. But if she is third degree cousin then there is pretty much no problem. (The author probably thought of the first degree cousin, but I want to delude myself otherwise.)
Correct, third or second-degree cousins are perfectly acceptable as mates because they aren't as genetically close to you as first degree ones. Which means less chance of recessive genes being passed.

Dex-chan lover
The moment you knew it was her cousin all worries should've fade away, dumbass

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least no one died.
I guess.... would of been more interesting if they did. Or if the cousin was a yandere childhood friend from a rival crime family and the two kept trying to kill each other while going on dates like spy vs spy.

Dex-chan lover
The face when she hugged I want to check that skirt to see how hard she did squirt.

Dex-chan lover
Might as well throw this out there for Americans:
1920px-CousinMarriageWorld.svg.png

Laws regarding first-cousin marriage around the world. First-cousin marriage legal Allowed with restrictions Legality dependent on religion or culture2 Banned with exceptions Statute bans marriage, but not crime Criminal offense No available data Source
At least in Finland, it is only legal to sign a marriage with a cousin through the magistrate only by the technicality of there not being a specific law about it. AFAIK, there was a law against it before Finland was Finland, but when Russia was got it from Sweden, it got yeeted along other Swedish laws. After independence, nobody could just be arsed to re-instate it. There are laws/rules to not allow fucky stuff in general (same with names, but in inverse: While technically only approved names can be given to your child through magistrate, exceptions are routinely allowed within reason. So in practice you just can't officially name your kid something abjectly retarded.), so I'd be interested how easily it'd actually go through. Also I'd imagine officiating it through marriage (so not just certification for the state) would be a bitch and a half. So in essence, it's dumb and unusual enough not to have official no-no words for it specifically.

I wonder how many other blue countries have similar situations.

Users who are viewing this thread