Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Vol. 23 Ch. 197 - Inside the chest of an air-headed girl

Group Leader
Foreshadowing? Don't pull me the "but she caught a cold on the big day" nonsense
...she caught a cold on the big day but she still came, overexerted herself near the climax, then our supermassive black hole made some more points and got some more serious flags, but still haven't got them because he's denser than Phoenix A.

Dex-chan lover
Slowly but surely Ushigome continues to take the main girl spot from the girl whose name appears in the manga's title. Fight on Yuna!

Dex-chan lover
How can one girl be so much best girl? This hurts to watch, but she is so endearing to me.

Dex-chan lover
Did you read the first few chapters? Someone traumatized him pretty badly.
It been abit honeslty. But still main fml should help get him over that really. It will probably take a big slap in the face to wake him up i feel

Double-page supporter
He's not traumatized, he's just another dense harem protagonist.

If he were traumatized we'd be seeing him having way more problems interacting with girls than just "oh they told me they liked me and shoved their boobs in my face, they're obviously just being nice" and we'd also be seeing him think stuff like "they're probably just trying to trick me again so I can't trust anything they say!".
He's literally been doing that for most of the story. He kinda got out of it and slowly eased out.

Dex-chan lover
this manga does stretch out the romance like Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! or Rent-A-Girlfriend

but unlike those series, I actually like the characters and don't mind that at nearly chapter 200, nothing significant has happened

Double-page supporter
He's literally been doing that for most of the story. He kinda got out of it and slowly eased out.
No? Point out to me the parts I've "forgotten" where he keeps assuming the worst of the girls when interacting with him rather than "oh they're just being nice to me" even when one of them (all but) confesses to him.

And frankly point out to me as well the exact page where the story says he's been traumatized by the bullying (and that THAT's why he's so dense to the flirting) rather than fans just saying he is every time comments bring up how dense he is..

Supporter
I swear he is denser then a star... Is there some trauma or what. another issei situation where he is warry. Like come on there no one this dense what the writer thinking I want the fml and the ml back talking more ugh
Again, the first ~50 chapters happened. And we've seen him mostly convinced that one of the few girls he'd take seriously was, in fact, serious about him, but he needs to get from "mostly" to "totally" before he'll move.

Dex-chan lover
Bullied by entire class and blackmailed by the class pres on day 1
It's fucking hilarious in retrospect how apt the comparison to Issei is.

Unironically he ended up so fucked up from being in an emotional relationship with that fallen angel and then getting killed by her, my man ended up with a trauma that ends up being resolved like 13-14 volumes in (read the LN, I like(d?) Highschool DxD too much) and that gets explored often but briefly for quite a while until they dedicate like 2 whole volume's B and part of the A plot to resolving it so he could actually get into a serious relationship with Rias, and from there actually decide to seriously pursuit romance with each of the other girls. It was amazing.

Here we don't have the same quality of dedication to exploring our MC's psyche, unfortunately, but he definitely shares the trauma from that (the equivalent being Takae's ploy) and like, 3-4 different instances of misunderstandings both crafted and coincidental that tensed him up something fierce and left him as he is RN.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread