Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - Bouquet

Political matters aside, I don't know why people jumped on @ribbitribbitsaga for saying that he might still end up with the onee-san.

We've seen straight characters turning gay or at least bisexual after they met a person from the same gender they like in some other mangas. The "I'm straight, but I'm gay for that one person" (or rather "I'm straight but I don't care about gender for that one person because I fell in love") is a commonly used plot in a lot of yuris/yaois. It can even happen for side story characters in straight romcoms. And nobody ever says "you're stupid he won't fall in love because he's straight" in the comments. Somehow the idea that a straight character can find out that they are bisexual or at least attracted to one person of the same gender doesn't sound impossible to a lot of people. So why does the opposite plot ("I'm gay but I end up falling in love with one girl") seems so unreal to some people that it justifies calling anyone who says it might happen an idiot? Why can a straight character find out that they are bisexual after meeting that one person but a gay character can't? I'd agree that it's highly unlikely to happen given the direction of the story, but saying @ribbitribbitsaga is stupid for even suggesting that it might happen is a bit much imo.

Dex-chan lover
@Kekitus Political correctness: gay character finding he's not completely gay can and will be interpreted as author being bigoted, homophobic and endorsing sexual orientation convertion. You can't really deviate from accepted standard of gay character without getting backlash, ironically making more of them only having being gay as personality.

Dex-chan lover
You know, ignoring the other points of the discussion, I'd just like to focus on the matter of the Christian bakery, in particular on an aspect which is often glossed over.
The owners did not tell the couple they were not welcome in their bakery. They did not tell the couple they couldn't buy any cake or other product they were selling. They just refused to personally make a custom cake intended for the specific purpose of a same-sex marriage.
I guess for many this would be an inconsequential detail, but I believe it ought to be pointed out.
Make of it what you will.

Fed-Kun's army
Just realized. This Morio-kun have so much possibilities to be harem protagonist, even with man

Dex-chan lover
Why is it so unbelievable that a gay man can fall in love with a woman? I mean there's a reason bisexuality exists right? The PC is oozing from here.

Dex-chan lover
Physically impaired people... People from poor backgrounds... LGBT issues... Holy shit I thought this would just be some dumb romance with a girl with bad eyesight... This thing actually has multiple stories and interesting characters going on...

I need to check this author's other works...

Edit : I forgot social anxiety too. Damn the treated subjects are so varied it's actually crazy...

Dex-chan lover
Look, you can’t hit me with an absolute feels train and immediately after go ”can I stop him as an arts major?”

Users who are viewing this thread