Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 8 Ch. 112 - A Father’s Lament ①

Dex-chan lover
Hey dad, what about calling your daughters something else than “big sister” and “little sister”? It’s fine when I do that as I can’t remember their names, but you’re their father :nyoron:

And father, they’ve been together for ages now, and now you decide to care? Sorry you get no sympathy points from me.

Dex-chan lover
Hey dad, what about calling your daughters something else than “big sister” and “little sister”? It’s fine when I do that as I can’t remember their names, but you’re their father :nyoron:

And father, they’ve been together for ages now, and now you decide to care? Sorry you get no sympathy points from me.
It is a japanese thing... I don't know if my English it's good enough to explain it.

But family member are address to what is the perspective of the youngest child. That's why in alot of manga you see the husband and wife call eachother mother and father; or like in this case, big sister and little sister instead of my oldest dauther youngest dauther.

Dex-chan lover
Jesse what the fuck are you talking about
Honestly no clue. Sometimes I just say shiz and it makes sense to no one including me. Especially the last part, I don't think the dad's even that bad. Not even sure it's prejudice. Normally though when I say nonsense it tends to be a lot more nonsensical and wild and tends to be in person rather than the internet.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, so he’d say yes to a young man pulling up in a Lamborghini, but not a dude with piercings and a scar.

Dex-chan lover
It is a japanese thing... I don't know if my English it's good enough to explain it.

But family member are address to what is the perspective of the youngest child. That's why in alot of manga you see the husband and wife call eachother mother and father; or like in this case, big sister and little sister instead of my oldest dauther youngest dauther.
This is true where I live as well, though usually not for the children. But that also depends on the number of children. My sister has four kids, so we use names for them, but if terms like "big sister" or "uncle" can only mean one person, it's more often used. Both my parents have a lot of siblings, so we've mostly used names for them. But since we have different terms for grandfather and grandmother depending on which side of the family they're from, we've used both for my grandparents depending on which child we're talking in relation to.

Users who are viewing this thread