Yankee wa Isekai de Seirei ni Aisaremasu. - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Mysterious Old Lady

Guessing MC is the spirit king. Makes sense as the great spirits can be seen by humans.

Dex-chan lover
@NotALewdGuy

The SLA is malevolent, and are working against the interests of the spirits whom they are supposedly seeking to liberate. That has been clear for a while now.

Dex-chan lover
@cheekibreeki

Plausible; she's still be a bitch. It is very poor story-telling to have these various Great Spirits be passively-aggressively cryptic.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist its not poor storytelling, theyre trying to get him to think for himself... just because you dont LIKE it, doesnt mean its bad mate lol

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx
theyre trying to get him to think for himself
That's stating the obvious, and ignoring the obvious question of why they are trying to get him to think for himself. When one is engaged in a war, one doesn't insist on needless duplications of effort; one doesn't demand that soldiers or generals or anyone in-between learn for themselves where the enemy is, what they're doing, &c, if one already knows these things.
just because you dont LIKE it, doesnt mean its bad mate
That's a straw-man argument, missy.
Laughter is the best argument in the arsenal of the fool, but it's still a poor one.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist obviously you dont want to do anything other than just try and push your argument in face of conventional storytelling, common sense, and literally everyone else on the planet.... so ima let you do that... but if you ever feel like actually looking at it logically you'll realize that the spirit knows that the thing he needs to know isnt something that he can be told, for example it could be something like "your friends are EVIL and BAD GUYS" and thats not something you can expect people to believe. Also the spirit isnt really at war i dont think, not in the way that you are thinking. for a spirit, this kind of thing is a temporary issue, a short term problem. As you get older you start to realize that things will largely take care of themselves with minor guidance here and there in this kind of thing. Anyway i know you're going to ping me with some childish-semi insulting response in a few min; dont bother. I'm not gonna bother reading it since you apparently dont care about what anyone else has to say tbh

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx
obviously you dont want to do anything other than just try and push your argument in face of conventional storytelling, common sense, and literally everyone else on the planet.... so ima let you do that...
Except, course, you then try to make a counter-argument after all, because the whole business of claiming that I'm just trying to push my argument is a device for you to dismiss it when the weakness of your counter-argument is noted.
if you ever feel like actually looking at it logically you'll realize that the spirit knows that the thing he needs to know isnt something that he can be told, for example it could be something like "your friends are EVIL and BAD GUYS" and thats not something you can expect people to believe.
Except that absolutely nothing that might fit that description holds.

Let's take your example of unrecognized enemies. The Great Spirits are in alliance with the chibis, so if they or the chibis are his enemies they wouldn't be doing anything avoidable that could provoke him to recognize them as enemies. It is only his love interest who would be particularly resistant to recognizing that one or more of the women around her were evil, and Zero's figuring as much out wouldn't somehow be more helpful that his being told. The love interest is plainly not going to be evil; that wrecks the romantic comedy. And then there's … nobody else with whom he has much of any association.

You're just winging it, and doing so badly, because you hadn't thought about the obvious question.
Also the spirit isnt really at war i dont think, not in the way that you are thinking. for a spirit, this kind of thing is a temporary issue, a short term problem.
You don't know what sort of conflict I imagine. I expressed a principle, referring to generals though no generals have appeared in the story, and to soldiers though the significant protagonists and antagonists so far have not been literal soldiers. The principle holds for things that are not wars. However, the chibis are threatened with something rather dire, and the SLA is attempting to forceably overthrow the existing political order; this conflict is essentially either a civil war or an invasion.
As you get older you start to realize that things will largely take care of themselves with minor guidance here and there in this kind of thing.
You don't know what kind of thing this conflict is. When you find-out, you're either going to be silent or give the equivalent of a shrug.
Anyway i know you're going to ping me with some childish-semi insulting response in a few min;
You introduced insult into the discussion.
dont bother. I'm not gonna bother reading it since you apparently dont care about what anyone else has to say tbh
If that were all that were to it, then it wouldn't have been any point in your posting your reply. In any case, I don't argue with people like you in the hope of getting them to admit error or even in the hope of changing their minds; that would be like administering medicine to the dead. I'm really writing to whomever else is reading.

I think I've got the solution. To this question this is just from me and a friend thinking about the clue given " it keeps humans out and keeps spirits in "

Remember magic can be "boosted" right ? Well I think they're trying to make everyone magic-less in a sense Or preventing certain magic users from being stronger since the spirits can't use magic unless w/human and in exchange the human's magic power increases. By controlling how many people come in contact with spirits they can artificially control who gets stronger and who doesn't this meaning they can increase an "Army" and start making a name for themselves possibly

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist
I see. Do tell, what does the spirit gain from making contracts with humans? I can't seem to remember.
Why there's trying to "liberate" the spirits anyway?

Dex-chan lover
@NotALewdGuy

We've not been told what the spirits gain. It has been as if they just like to bond, but perhaps something more will be revealed.

And we haven't been shown either what the SLA has been proclaiming to be its goals or what its real goals might be (that's part of what's wrong with the story-telling here), but the chibis and Great Spirits don't want what they know the SLA to be seeking.

I think the thing in keeping chibis from humans. That question "what you did with chibis until now" giving us a suggestion, that chibis keeps themself near great spirits and spirit-attractive persons. So SLA will made all chibis to stay in the barriers.
That's my thoughts.

MY THEORY...... He Himself is a chibi/spirit/demi-god/something... so when the granny said only chibis can enter & and ill see u at the temple..... he can probably walk through the barrier.

I just realized something about the order he is encountering the great spirits in.....
Earth -> fire -> wind(air) -> water

That is the element order for avatars that start out as earthbenders in "The last airbender"

Dex-chan lover
It's rather obvious now that great spirits know about Spirit Liberation Army and their plans, mc just being dense for some reason.

Lilly being mvp again, keeping both brainless thots at somewhat "bay".

This story breaks the "big tiddy fuckable spirit/goddess" trope, it's so refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread