Yankee wa Isekai de Seirei ni Aisaremasu. - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - ...Maybe.

Aggregator gang
so I'm guessing melting rock + ice made for steam explosion (if water/ice turns to gas fast enough the pressure can be explosive, it's stupid hard to make happen IRL but add magic...)
as for the barrier, well, it lets spirits in so presumably after reincarnating he didn't come back as a human, not that that's really surprising at this point considering most humans can't see normal spirits but can see greater spirits if they meet (I'm guessing this either means he's some new greater spirit or maybe just something outright new that's a similar tier of existence)

Just checked the older chapter. The barrier keeps people out and spirits in. If Zero could enter he must count as a spirit and not a person. Is he the Spirit King?

Isn't steam explosion easier to create with water than ice? Ice would need to melt first, and by the time it did most of the heat would've gone that it won't boil the melted ice quick enough to cause explosion. And they didn't really have to do that in the first place if their plan was to get the magicians all along. I'm confused with what the author intended to do.

If what they mean was thermal shock then it wouldn't cause any explosion, and the way they did it is wrong in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Zero is thinking about slag explosion. Happens when water enter in contact with molten metalss. It does indead explodes. Just going to chalk it up with there being metal mixed in the golem.

Dex-chan lover
So how will they explain it?

Did he enter because he’s died once?

Did he enter because he’s a spirit that humans can perceive, not a human that can perceive spirits?

Simply because he’s the MC?

Because his pipe is blessed?

I wonder...

Dex-chan lover
So just like the stones, he can probably enter because he has no magic for the barrier to block.

@fuadhika

My guess is that the author thought the superheated vapor had to be trapped to cause an explosion, hence the chunks of ice as a method of penetration. I'm with you though, my gut feeling tells me the water probably shouldn't have vaporized that quickly/violently because the huge amounts of ice would have slowed down the heating process. I suck at them SCIENCES though so maybe I'm just talking absolute nonsense.

@Levanah

Well even if that's the case the moment the ice start to melt it will as a matter of fact be reduced in volume, which mean loosing the ability to isolate and trap all the pressure, and all that happen before the water even has any chance to be vaporized as the heat will be reduced by the presence of the ice resulted in slowing down the water boiling process. I'm also not really good at science stuff, but all of that can be understood by logic alone. Of course please cmiiw.

Double-page supporter
here and on the page for LHS, why the hell is everyone sciencing manga based in a magical fairy world?

heat + ice + magic convoluted Protag BS = explosion.

@jonsmth

That might be, but in this case the 2 things were reversed. In the videos it's the ice that exploded because it got heated very fast from the inside, is it possible if the role was reversed like how they did in the chapter? Because I've never seen any video where a chunk of ice thrown into molten metal, it's always molten metal that's thrown into a block of ice.

Dex-chan lover
@fuadhika
That's probably because most molten metal made in the backyard is straight from a crucible, which isn't very large. It's also easier to pour molten metal than to throw a large block of ice.

I don't think it would have made a difference here though. It's still really large chunks of ice with significant inertia. The point of contact between the ice and the molten rock would have had built up a lot of pressure.

There was a video about the dangers of getting water into an industrial furnace (more molten metal, less water), but it was a long video that was more or less a someone talking over a slide show of illustrations with a few video clips, so I didn't link it here.

There was also a video of small pieces of dry ice being dropped into molten metal, but it was unspectacular and didn't really cause an explosion thanks to the Leidenfrost Effect keeping the dry ice out of contact with the molten metal. For the most part, dry ice isn't even frozen water.

Users who are viewing this thread