Yasei no Last Boss ga Arawareta! - Ch. 43.2

Dex-chan lover
like obviously within the bounds of the story it doesn't really matter but like it doesn't seem like he can stop time for very long, like maybe a second or two at most given how he still very much has to dodge multiple attacks at close range. So like as long as you can throw a wide enough attack he can stop time all he wants, he'll die anyway because his time stop sword is the only card in his deck.

but you know this was very much meant to make the hero feel useless again and then to have Lufasu solve the problem through sheer overwhelming force.

Dex-chan lover
Now that we know the Goddess didn’t directly give a cheat ability, “Lufasu-sama! That bug did harm to your granddaughter!”

Dex-chan lover
Time stop is a bit much

The funny thing is
It's not a real time stop, but a combo of super slow down time on everything + super speed boost on the user to let them move within the slow down time.

But since time still flow, anyone who can move fast enough can still act within this state...and Lufasu is one of those people.

Also, since it's not time stop, the 'extra time' used is done differently.
In cast of time stop, you spend extra time based on however long it's stopped for.

But in this case, the user spend basically however the multiplier difference is between the slow down state vs normal.
So let's say the rate is 1:1000, for each 1s 'stopped' , the user body would experienced 1,000s of 'time' in order to move within that 1s.

The ring has an effect to also prevent user from experiencing this cost while equipped....so once Lufasu take it away...

Dex-chan lover
The funny thing is
It's not a real time stop, but a combo of super slow down time on everything + super speed boost on the user to let them move within the slow down time.

But since time still flow, anyone who can move fast enough can still act within this state...and Lufasu is one of those people.

In cast of time stop, you spend extra time based on however long it's stopped for.

But in this case, the user spend basically however the multiplier difference is between the slow down state vs normal.
So let's say the rate is 1:1000, for each 1s 'stopped' , the user body would experienced 1,000s of 'time' in order to move within that 1s.

The ring has an effect to also prevent user from experiencing this cost while equipped....so once Lufasu take it away...

Ok this makes it feel better to me, and not just dumping on Hero just to inflate Lufasu & Co even more than they already have.

Like I don't thiink that the story wants us to see him as just this disappointing second-rate character, but boy, suddenly facing him against Gift Of A Goddess: Time Stop Ring feels like kicking the dog.

Dex-chan lover
The funny thing is

Ooof that's gonna be harsh.

Double-page supporter
...aren't pure white wings known to really only appear in noble bloodlines for her race? Sure, she actually is basically a commoner who grew up on a mountain with a human ghost grandma, but anybody who looked at her for two seconds would think otherwise.

So he's classist and lacks working eyes. Or maybe the brain's the issue. Poor thing. Welp, he'd be put out of his misery soon.

Dex-chan lover
Cue "Dramatic Hamster" meme with Dr. Evil music.... Dun dun DUUUUUUUNNNNNN.....!

Noooo, I had some chapters to read back to back and now I need to wait on such cliffhanger! :meguuusad:

I didn't spoil myself around his time stop ability and it seems like a cheat at first but it just does that, stopping time. He probably can't do shit to someone higher level, at least without using poison. I can see the next chapter with him trying to harm Lufasu but being low level, do 0 damages to her even when using a sword or something, with her having higher defense stat.

Dex-chan lover
Noooo, I had some chapters to read back to back and now I need to wait on such cliffhanger! :meguuusad:

I didn't spoil myself around his time stop ability and it seems like a cheat at first but it just does that, stopping time. He probably can't do shit to someone higher level, at least without using poison. I can see the next chapter with him trying to harm Lufasu but being low level, do 0 damages to her even when using a sword or something, with her having higher defense stat.
it isn't time stop, he just able to move really fast, that why Virgo can keep up with him. She would totally beat him if not because they use hostage but that isn't a problem to Lufasu or heck, any one of 12 stars can beat him up no problem.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, honestly, I thought Virgo was going to be too high a level to really even take damage from the noble dude, though I suppose we don't know his level (she's in the 300s, right?). He just seems like he's actually weak using a major artifact.

Users who are viewing this thread