Yasei no Last Boss ga Arawareta! - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - The Trump Card

Dex-chan lover
@mimisan
Ahh now it makes sense.
In a previous chapter Dina was talking to the demon lord's son and was like "Shes just a doll, just like I was before I met-"
Now obviously shes referring to Lufasu
I thought it was referring to when Dina met Lufasu at the tower in the beginning, but it was actually way before in her village

@Raydnt the 'doll' being referred to in the scene you mention is Luna, not Ruphas. Diina called Luna a doll/puppet, which is why Terra was enraged as Terra is in love with Luna.

Dex-chan lover
@mimisan
Yeah thats what i mean
Dina was talking to Terra and telling him that Luna is a doll just like she was before she met Lufasu
I kind of worded it bad since i couldnt remember lunas name

But hey since u know spoilers, does anything happen with Sei and Virgo? Lmao

@Raydnt haha they clearly both have feelings for each other don't they?

the authour purposely left that as a cliffhanger. At the end of it all after Ruphas defeats the goddess, she sends Sei back to Japan, but tells Diina if they ever do truly want to be together she will bring Sei back. Its hinted that Virgo might go after Sei in the future, but I may just be misreading things. The two clearly have feelings for each other, but Virgo has yet to realise her feelings even at the end of the story, other than she is really sad that she wont see Sei again. Sei didn't want to confess to Virgo as it would make her sad since he is leaving anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@Raydnt i will add something as for why dinna fight Lufasu in that chapter and spouting some bullshit about her being beta tester
its to fool another goddess mole that enter Lufasu 12(13) star and since Lufasu not yet regain her true memories as for who the mole is
let just say the "mole" the most Odd one out of 11(12) member, still one want spoiler ?
"mole" is tool of the goddess
as for Sei and Virgo
in after story, Lufasu also able to move between dimension and sometime let Virgo meet sei in earth, they have several date and Sei even tried to confess to virgo several time only for Random Evil god show up and ruining his chance, this kinda end up as running gag in Sei and Virgo focused chapter

Dex-chan lover
Isn't size purely in demerit in a shonen? I don't think I've ever seen a bulkier foe ever overcome smaller ones if both sides at least technically stood a chance of winning. Ever. Except maybe with Luffy.

If this guy got all small or streamlined I'd be at least a teeny bit worried about casualties, since that's when shit gets truly real, but this doesn't really make my brain worry after all the training it's received.

Fed-Kun's army
@twinklecake well this technically isn't a shonen (as in nekketsu) per say. In isekai, size often brings power, but size also means you're against the MC and so you lose.

Double-page supporter
I think the hero came from a different version of Japan than the mc, since this is a game world and he'd probably have some knowledge about it
Or another god from another world liked the lore of this game and recreated a world based on it
Or there was already a world like this and that god made a game based on that world
Or I'm just overthinking stuff

Fed-Kun's army
@Fuew12 about the mole I want some major spoiler
are you hinting it is Libra ? since she is the scales and so a tool?

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer Dunno man, considering the sheer magnitude of advantage mass and reach give you I'm more like to think smaller people only ever win despite the size difference instead of thanks to it.

Dex-chan lover
It’s a kick because it’s a punch! Since there’s no chainsaw....

Dex-chan lover
I'm now gonna bet that Dina is The fantasy world Lufasu and the personality has split into a new person.

@Twinklecake, there are disadvantages to height too, as well as reach, one example is that it is harder to land a strong attack on someone that is very close to you because of your longer arms and legs. Taççer people are also slower than smaller people in many situations. One other point is that it is easier to notice a taller person's movement. But that's human limbs, when it comes to weapons this becomes better and worse.
People love saying that spears and polearms are always better than swords, but if the sword user is smart and knows how to use your advantage against you, he'll use your attack in order to get close to you, and when he manages to get in his striking range, your polearm becomes effectively useless, because the "blade" will then be too far from the enemy. You can either drop your polerarm and grab your sword or sacrifice all of it's advantage in order to keep using it, which is pointless if you ask me.

Dex-chan lover
@BloodySorcerer Large guys being slower and more telegraphed is a dumb meme that doesn't apply to real life, and keeping people within your strike zone is one of the basics of fighting.

A small body is a big disadvantage in unarmed combat. Don't be a stubborn idiot. Read an article on it for 5 minutes, stop kidding yourself and get over it.

@twinklecake "Large guys being slower and more telegraphed is a dumb meme that doesn't apply to real life, and keeping people within your strike zone is one of the basics of fighting."
No that is not a meme, taller people tend to be slower, and the reason for that is because of their own advantages rather than some stupid meme.
If you are taller you tend to reach things more easily which in turn allows you to use less energy for the same task and indirectly results you becoming less agile in the process, that said if you are too tall then you may have problems for a different reason instead. Also I could've simply give you the example of Hon Man Choi, 2.18m Height. He is know for being precise, but he was slow as heck. Look at his statistics, he lost to people 25-30 cm lower than he is and he also weighted at least 40kg more than the same adversaries. Meaning he had advantage in both height and weight. All of them knocked him out in the very first round.

As for this part "keeping people within your strike zone is one of the basics of fighting"
It is much harder to keep people within your strike zone when you're the one attacking, any dodged blow and your opponent will have free time to move towards you. It's for this reason that many professional fighters tend to measure distance and throw fake punches so they don't get countered and can keep moving, but even then I've seen fighters get knocked out even for throwing feints too. Anyway so long as the oponent manages to get close your advantage will work against you. And in actuality the advantage you get with height is not even that big that cannot be circumvented by literally anyone in the first place. I know it, I entered school earlier than the normal kid. I'm used to dealing with people older and taller than myself.
Wanna know why tall people really win a lot in the beginning of their carreers? Simple, because fighting people taller than you requires different tactics than fighting someone your own size. Most fighter's I've seen lose to that advatage don't know how do adapt midfight.
Martial arts is a contest of skill not strenght, most people fail to undertand that.

Dex-chan lover
@Mira995 sorry for late answer,
yeah since she until latter still "tool" of goddess after all

Users who are viewing this thread