Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 162 - All The Best

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell did a trademark suddenly pop up? Were the translators having fun disguising a bad joke as canon? Or did the author literally force in an actual paid ad like others seem to speculate?

Dex-chan lover
i actually bought a heattech because i wanted to know what it's all about but it's just an expensive cotton shirt

Dex-chan lover
All these details and callbacks smashed into such a shitty troll of a chapter. I try to stay positive about most authors intentions, but the way this arc has been constructed is atrocious. The only possible way this is redeemable is if something crazy happens next chapter. Like, if they just all get on a train and go home, just wtf.

Supporter
Another useless chapter, great. No offense but this arc feels like a drag at this point. :rolleyes:

I mean what was the point of all these past weeks? It is not like the story got any more exciting.

Certain people will probably use the dumb-emoji, but this is how I feel about this arc.

I LOVE this series, just not a fan of the arc. It seems pointless and it drags on for no good reason.

The friendship between Kou and his friend is non-existent to me because we barley saw them interact in the manga. I believe this arc would be 10% more intense if there was actually something at stake here.

My prediction is one of the following two things happen:
1)Kiku realizes Kous friend loves his friends and accept she will die and dies naturally.
2)Kiku turns her lover into a half-vampire so they can be together.
yea, i feel like this series is at its weakest when its trying to do long arcs. when it was more slice of life i think it worked better. these stories are kind of convoluted and not really rewarding at the end, like yeah i dont think this whole arc has added anything to the manga

Dex-chan lover
You guys are complaining, but to me couldn't be more obvious that something's gonna happen. Do you guys really think that it will end just like that? Last few chapters were to give context and slowly build up tension. Now the author has put down all the expectations ("wow, everything is fine now!") and now will throw up some really big shit into the vent, I think at the end of the next chapter or the one after.

I don't think manga is ending anytime soon, there's a lot of question marks to resolve yet. Haruka was just included to the history.

To me, I guess the author will do a really BIG change that will turn things kinda drastically (Like, some character die, dunno). With the way things are going (lots of flashbacks, "dragged" and short chapters for quite the time, lots of "build up tension for nothing" situations, etc) I can only think this. I kinda trust this author, I like his writing, so I don't think he's doing all that for nothing. But maybe I'm completely wrong and this arc will end up just being weak, dunno

Dex-chan lover
Another useless chapter, great. No offense but this arc feels like a drag at this point. :rolleyes:

I mean what was the point of all these past weeks? It is not like the story got any more exciting.

Certain people will probably use the dumb-emoji, but this is how I feel about this arc.

I LOVE this series, just not a fan of the arc. It seems pointless and it drags on for no good reason.

The friendship between Kou and his friend is non-existent to me because we barley saw them interact in the manga. I believe this arc would be 10% more intense if there was actually something at stake here.

My prediction is one of the following two things happen:
1)Kiku realizes Kous friend loves his friends and accept she will die and dies naturally.
2)Kiku turns her lover into a half-vampire so they can be together.
Author left really clear the fact that Kiku is broken. Dunno about the 1) happening. Actually maybe she doesn't even die lol.

I don't even understand (bad memory lol) why they can't be together as vampire. With what she said, she just don't want, right? (but we know there's something more because of her low regeneration)

I agree with you about the friendship. Always felt so flat, I just couldn't feel they were close

Dex-chan lover
You guys are complaining, but to me couldn't be more obvious that something's gonna happen. Do you guys really think that it will end just like that? Last few chapters were to give context and slowly build up tension. Now the author has put down all the expectations ("wow, everything is fine now!") and now will throw up some really big shit into the vent, I think at the end of the next chapter or the one after.

I don't think manga is ending anytime soon, there's a lot of question marks to resolve yet. Haruka was just included to the history.

To me, I guess the author will do a really BIG change that will turn things kinda drastically (Like, some character die, dunno). With the way things are going (lots of flashbacks, "dragged" and short chapters for quite the time, lots of "build up tension for nothing" situations, etc) I can only think this. I kinda trust this author, I like his writing, so I don't think he's doing all that for nothing. But maybe I'm completely wrong and this arc will end up just being weak, dunno
Of course. I respect that. He could surprise me and I would happily read it. I like twists. I just hope there is a twist so that these weeks are worth it. How I see it, Kiku dying wouldn't surprise me at the slightest.

I also think you can't really blame people for expecting more.

yea, i feel like this series is at its weakest when its trying to do long arcs. when it was more slice of life i think it worked better. these stories are kind of convoluted and not really rewarding at the end, like yeah i dont think this whole arc has added anything to the manga
We could be wrong of course, but I feel like the author can't really write complicated long arcs or at least I don't really like it so far.

Dex-chan lover
Of course. I respect that. He could surprise me and I would happily read it. I like twists. I just hope there is a twist so that these weeks are worth it. How I see it, Kiku dying wouldn't surprise me at the slightest.

I also think you can't really blame people for expecting more.

We could be wrong of course, but I feel like the author can't really write complicated long arcs or at least I don't really like it so far.
Actually, When I wrote was thinking what if Mahiru dies. Dunno if he has the guts tho.

Dex-chan lover
Author left really clear the fact that Kiku is broken. Dunno about the 1) happening. Actually maybe she doesn't even die lol.
The fact that she can't regenerate anymore make me think otherwise.
I don't even understand (bad memory lol) why they can't be together as vampire. With what she said, she just don't want, right? (but we know there's something more because of her low regeneration)
Well Kiku always wanted to be a human. I guess it turned in such a big obsession. She wants to be with Kou's friend as a human and have kids and stuff. But her motives are all over the place. I still don't know what she really wants.
I agree with you about the friendship. Always felt so flat, I just couldn't feel they were close
I mean if it was Akari I would be glued to the manga each week

Dex-chan lover
Actually, When I wrote was thinking what if Mahiru dies. Dunno if he has the guts tho.
Nah, that would just continue Kiku's circle of just doing as she pleases without learning her lesson.

The most logical thing would be Kiku biting Mahiru and dies because she loves him or turns Mahiru in the offspring because he loves her.

She believes being killed will turn her into a human,which is BS of course.

Dex-chan lover
im totally out of love for the series, the anime really baited me in, i guess we were supposed to care for Kiku since we care for Mahiru, but it totally missed the mark for me at least, way too many flashbacks (which i bet my left nut were gonna get 2 or 3 more before this bitch is dead) and just the overall easyness of everything (how is no one still angry at all the shit Kiku pulled off through the years?)

i guess ill just go read Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia

Dex-chan lover
Heatech is now a common slang for warm undies/innerwear.
But i think the translator feel the need to add *tm for legal reason or just fucking around

Dex-chan lover
im totally out of love for the series, the anime really baited me in, i guess we were supposed to care for Kiku since we care for Mahiru, but it totally missed the mark for me at least, way too many flashbacks (which i bet my left nut were gonna get 2 or 3 more before this bitch is dead) and just the overall easyness of everything (how is no one still angry at all the shit Kiku pulled off through the years?)
I mean the Detective was angry and was about to attack Kiku, but I guess she just accepted it in the end? Talking about anticlimactic.

I can understand that this made you feel less interested in the manga.
But I have the philosophy to read the whole manga even when it gets less interesting.

I understand people who love the current arc,but I have the impression that the majority doesn't really like it right now.

I hope after this arc, it is back to Kou and Nazuna.

Every manga has bad arcs,but that doesn't make the whole manga bad.

Dex-chan lover
the cries of the soul...

DUkVwtr.png

Dex-chan lover
The friendship between Kou and his friend is non-existent to me because we barley saw them interact in the manga.
They were already described as having history, even as childhood friends. The dynamics of their friendship are explored in their past together-- and we get a lot of that past as well as insight into it in this arc. They generally get along with each other, and they additionally bond on account of their mutual goal to be vampirized. Their friendship means something to Kou in the present because part of his development as a character was coming to pay attention to and treasure the friendships he has, particularly this one that he let lapse when he dropped out of school. The reason why Kou's going through all this trouble is because he wanted to make up with him and also didn't want him to be ruined by a vampire with a seeming compulsion to make countless servants and immediately abandon them.

So, my question is: what is "barely"? What more should have been done-- beyond fleshing out their mutual past, joining them by character/goal similarity, and still having them interact with each other in the present--to make their friendship more "existent"?

There's a sense in which you can get the sense of "spirit" in a work or an element thereof, but you still have to contend with what's materially in the work.

and just the overall easyness of everything (how is no one still angry at all the shit Kiku pulled off through the years?)
Kyouko's angry. She was angry with her only a few chapters ago-- she hurled throwing knives at Kiku like she was DIO.

Kou was angry because he considered Kiku a threat to Mahiru, but given what he learned about Mahiru's personal life, he decided to accept his friend's decision inasmuch as he wasn't being manipulated into it.

The only other person in the cast who has even secondhand regular experience with what Kiku's been doing, is her underling Azami-- who, as expected, never stopped wanting to hit. Nobody else has particularly intimate experience with the consequences of Kiku's actions, so why would they feel much anything for a vampire otherwise doing vampire things?

What would they even do to her if they were out for blood? The only reason she's weak now is because she's actively trying to die. Otherwise, she has no weakness, and you can't beat a vampire to death.

Dex-chan lover
They were already described as having history, even as childhood friends. The dynamics of their friendship are explored in their past together-- and we get a lot of that past as well as insight into it in this arc. They generally get along with each other, and they additionally bond on account of their mutual goal to be vampirized. Their friendship means something to Kou in the present because part of his development as a character was coming to pay attention to and treasure the friendships he has, particularly this one that he let lapse when he dropped out of school. The reason why Kou's going through all this trouble is because he wanted to make up with him and also didn't want him to be ruined by a vampire with a seeming compulsion to make countless servants and immediately abandon them.

So, my question is: what is "barely"? What more should have been done-- beyond fleshing out their mutual past, joining them by character/goal similarity, and still having them interact with each other in the present--to make their friendship more "existent"?

There's a sense in which you can get the sense of "spirit" in a work or an element thereof, but you still have to contend with what's materially in the work.
I get where you are coming from. I truly do, I understand your points. But idk to me, there is something that that lacks in their friendship. But I don't know what that something is.

Kou and Akira feel like closer friends compared to Kou and Mahiru in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope we don't see Kiku again after this. There is something about her that annoys me. Is it her indecisiveness to know what she wants when she becomes a human (die or live) or is it that she careless about her offspring and only used them for her personal gain?

I don't understand the point of this arc. Everyone is like "we were angry,but now accept it" (without anything really changing.) But that is just my view on it. It is okay to differ,makes discussing it more fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread