Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 162 - All The Best

Dex-chan lover
There's a clear difference: We saw bit by bit Kou and Akira interacting. Going from "weirds" (not talking to each other for a long time) to friends. Author developed their relationship. You do that by making the characters interact casually. Like the SOL chapters from the start of the manga
There are multiple ways to develop relationships, at least as far as the reader is concerned. One of them is them interacting in the present time; another way is demonstrating some past they had together. Mahiru and Kou have demonstrably gone through both of these in about the same way that Akira and Kou have demonstrably gone through both of these-- in both cases, the matter of vampires looms over their their interactions and likewise influences them because that's the world Kou's currently immersed in on account of wanting to become a vampire.

Both Akira and Mahiru have each had one conversation that started and ended without vampires--or the issues resultant from being involved with them-- being brought up. In both cases, it was because they had yet to learn about vampires.

you can just take others duos from others series (Like I said, dunno, naruto?)
Isn't that more than a little unfair? Naruto and Sasuke explicitly had to be part of a team of occupational killers and work with each other all the time in life or death situations. In contrast, the only reasons why Akira might have spent more time (or even just screentime) with Kou compared to Mahiru in this narrative are 1) she reconnected with him first, and 2) Mahiru cut him off until a couple chapters ago after a fight some 50-60 chapters ago. Otherwise, all three of them have their own lives like normal people who aren't occupational killers.

also in raws azami used the word "daku" which c a n mean "to bang", but has the primary meaning "to hug, to embrace"
so idk if that's translated correctly or not
More specifically, it's used euphemistically to mean "have sex".

He used to be yakuza, he spent who knows how long cleaning up her messes, he had to have fallen in love with her in order to get vampirized at all, and he barely knew her by the time she vamp'd him-- odds are he's not so tender that he merely wanted to "hug" her.

Dex-chan lover
Kou and Azami just forgives Kiku for trying to drown him 20 minutes prior? Azami even apologizes for damaging her with his bike while she was actively in the process of drowning Kou. Okay lol

I guess Kiku didn't want to show her crazy side to Mahiru but kinda silly Kou is just fine with it and wishes her luck

Dex-chan lover
Kou and Azami just forgives Kiku for trying to drown him 20 minutes prior? Azami even apologizes for damaging her with his bike while she was actively in the process of drowning Kou. Okay lol

I guess Kiku didn't want to show her crazy side to Mahiru but kinda silly Kou is just fine with it and wishes her luck
Well, Azami turning a blind eye to it makes sense flat out-- even now, he's always wanted to hit. He's been caught in this in-between of loving Kiku and cleaning up her messes.

Kou is probably still of the conviction that Kiku is "just like him" (cf. chapter 152, where he simultaneously acknowledges that she's caused a lot of suffering) and sympathizes with her because of that. I also get the sense that he's more concerned with reconciling with Mahiru as well as respecting that Mahiru wants to be vamp'd by her since it doesn't appear he's being manipulated by her.

It could have been tied together more tightly than it was, but details.

Pretty? More like a old hag with good make-up skills
She's an old hag for sure, but she doesn't need makeup.

Last edited:
Since Azami mentioned it again its making me more sure that something bad is going to result from Mahiru turning into a vampire and losing his memories. I guess their personality doesn't really change afterwards, but still makes me wonder to what extent it will effect their trifecta.

Users who are viewing this thread