Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 164 - Curse

Aggregator gang
ngl, the only reason why ppl think this arc is mid or too long is because this the first arc where we actually had to wait weekly for a new chp.If you been on Yofukashi, then you remember when we were way behind on chps cause of translation issues. Where we legit would get a new chp everyday or they randomly drop 5-10 chps one day. We didn’t catch up with the manga till around the time the anime ended.

This arc isn’t long, we just been spoiled with having chps back to back dropped we got used to it and now cause of thay this arc feels too long

Dex-chan lover
Capture-l.png

Moral of the story
Don't get involved with middle school boys

Dex-chan lover
I made the joke that the author was doing this “Only the self-insert MC is allowed to become a vampire” thing like 30 chapters back when he started this entire subplot, and lo and behold I was right lmao.
Woe is thee, to be the blonde-haired friend A in a shounen…😔

Dex-chan lover
Bittersweet...? Well lets move on to kou and nazuna's romantic progress please. Early chapters about them just hanging out getting to know each other was fun to read/watch. and maybe more of Akira's thighs tee hee

ig mahiru found a way that he felt is less scarier about ending his' and that was through being a vampire and dying beside of at least a loved one(in his hopes) and just went with it.

Dex-chan lover
To a mass murderer? Ok then you do you.
Who exactly did she kill? We know she made a lot of vampires, but that's all we know based on the information provided here.

There is no indication that she has ever killed anyone, nor that she has ordered anyone to kill anyone, nor that the vampires she sired have ever killed anyone. She's no murderer by any metric, much less a mass murderer.

Do you mind providing the specific chapter and page that claims Kiku has ever killed someone directly or indirectly?

Dex-chan lover
Who exactly did she kill? We know she made a lot of vampires, but that's all we know based on the information provided here.

There is no indication that she has ever killed anyone, nor that she has ordered anyone to kill anyone, nor that the vampires she sired have ever killed anyone. She's no murderer by any metric, much less a mass murderer.

Do you mind providing the specific chapter and page that claims Kiku has ever killed someone directly or indirectly?
Just because the cause of death is indirect doesn't mean she isn't accountable for them, when she turned someone and threw them away, they turned into monsters that went on to kill probably at the very least hundreds, especially if detective's case was a 50/50 of berserking.

Dex-chan lover
the whole Kiku thing as been complete ass and the series lost me some while ago, so i dont care at all if Mahiru dies
still, props to the author for actually going through with it (inb4 he's somehow alive next week)

ill just wait for the next arc to start, and if it goes in the same direction as Kiku's, im dropping the series

Dex-chan lover
Huh that's it? They just kinda die by the sun? Wasn't Kiku's entire motivation behind starting all this shit that she wanted to get rid of her immortality and that the only method she could figure out was loving a human? Maybe I'm missing something here or it gets explained next chapter but right now I'm not really feeling anything except confusion despite the fact they killed off 2 major characters.

Dex-chan lover
Just because the cause of death is indirect doesn't mean she isn't accountable for them, when she turned someone and threw them away, they turned into monsters that went on to kill probably at the very least hundreds, especially if detective's case was a 50/50 of berserking.
Right, I forgot about the detective's father. He did kill his wife, so Kiku is at least indirectly responsible for that death.

Still, to call her a murderer because of that is disingenuous. The guy was an adult, and we know for a fact that vampires aren't mindless monsters that kill people for no reason. The same is true for humans. Just because one guy becomes a mass murderer doesn't mean his parents are mass murderers as well.

As for that 50/50 chance of going berserk, is there a source for that? Or are you basing this on the detective's father and the sunglasses guy? I don't think a sample size of 2 is representative enough to claim that half of Kiku's vampires go berserk.

Dex-chan lover
nicholas-cage-teletubxsfqy.gif

Get both fucked you trash characters!
Praise the sun!

Seriously though, I think people are giving this arc a hard time because the characters are flawed. Nobody should empathize with (especially) Kiku and Mahiru but their story is complex and impactful. Not the best arc for sure, I just wouldn't give it hate because Kiku didn't get what she deserved and Mahiru was a simp to the end.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
HOLD UP WHAT THE FUCK?? i didnt think theyd both die what the hell is that bro

Users who are viewing this thread