Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 165 - Welcome Back

Dex-chan lover
Well I am glad his faith is clear at least,even when its sad. Won't miss him or Kiku though,couldn't care less. Now hopefully Nazuna and Kou moments soon.

Dex-chan lover
So the homewrecker died due to the whole "When a vampire in love with a human bites them the vampire dies"
and Mahiru died due to the letter he had which was most likely his weakness?

Dex-chan lover
"after perusing him through all of japan to save his life let's give Mahirou some privacy while he kills himself 4 feet away. Haha what a dummy"

Idgaf he's dead but this arc made no sense, was incredibly disappointing and I'm glad it's over. It's a pain in the ass we're gonna have to endure months worth of chapters in repercussions

Dex-chan lover
Mahiru is giga-simp who threw away his life away for a 304.
Kiku is a serial killing, homewrecking, selfish groomer cunt. She manipulated Mahiru, an emotionally vulnerable teenager to get what she wants. It's hard for me to feel sorry for subhuman trash. It's bullshit that Kiku didn't suffer for her crimes.
SPEAK YOUR FACTS MY BROTHER. 🗣️🗣️🗣️🔥🔥🔥👆👆👆

Dex-chan lover
Mahiru is giga-simp who threw away his life away for a 304.
Kiku is a serial killing, homewrecking, selfish groomer cunt. She manipulated Mahiru, an emotionally vulnerable teenager to get what she wants. It's hard for me to feel sorry for subhuman trash. It's bullshit that Kiku didn't suffer for her crimes.

I get that we've vampires who can feed in non-lethal way, but still there's something hilarious about complaining about vampire being serial killer.

Dex-chan lover
I get that we've vampires who can feed in non-lethal way, but still there's something hilarious about complaining about vampire being serial killer.
I'm complaining about how she's not being held accountable for her crimes.
It's even more ridiculous if you take the Vampire Council into the equation. They were concerned about Nazuna and Kou's relationship enough to interfere directly. But Kiku's crimes aren't worth that much concern apparently.

Dex-chan lover
This arc may seem pointless, but to me it's been clear from the beginning of the arc that Mahiru/Kiku were meant to be a contrasting example of love with vampires. How vampires have inhuman abilities to manipulate, yet are still human. How they can abuse you and destroy you, but also genuinely give you everything you might need in your life, even if you yourself are broken.

Compare that to Kou/Nazuna. Kou, like Mahiru, was a broken kid, who found comfort in being around Nazuna and escaping his reality, until he eventually realized how important facing reality was and gradually was able to do so thanks to his friends. Mahiru chose to abandon everything for Kiku because he didn't want to face reality, and it led him to his suicide. Nazuna, like Kiku, is a vampire who discovered she finds solace in love. Unlike Kiku, Nazuna wants to make sure things go well with Kou, and that he doesn't choose to abandon everything for her. Kiku chose to manipulate Mahiru and led him to his death out of selfish desires.

I suspect this arc will end with Kou and Nazuna pondering more deeply how they can make things work out, without it ending horribly like it did for Mahiru and Kiku. Nazuna especially may be a lot more hesitant to continue with Kou since she knows now what happened to Kiku (although the exact cause of their death is still uncertain).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's not the complain. Its more so along the lines that kiku groomed, manipulated and was directly responsable for mahiru's suicide. Pushing him to the edge and letting the chips fall. So when Kou followed Mahirou everywhere trying to save him, for him to stop at the end just because "He's IN loVe, Its HIs ChoIce", it's a backwards argument. He had no choice, he's a kid who was manipulated, driven suicidal and murdered. And Kou watched.

Dex-chan lover
This arc may seem pointless, but to me it's been clear from the beginning of the arc that Mahiru/Kiku were meant to be a contrasting example of love with vampires. How vampires have inhuman abilities to manipulate, yet are still human. How they can abuse you and destroy you, but also genuinely give you everything you might need in your life, even if you yourself are broken.

Compare that to Kou/Nazuna. Kou, like Mahiru, was a broken kid, who found comfort in being around Nazuna and escaping his reality, until he eventually realized how important facing reality was and gradually was able to do so thanks to his friends. Mahiru chose to abandon everything for Kiku because he didn't choose to face reality, and it led him to his suicide. Nazuna, like Kiku, is a vampire who discovered she finds solace in love. Unlike Kiku, Nazuna wants to make sure things go well with Kou, and that he doesn't choose to abandon everything for her. Kiku chose to manipulate Mahiru and led him to his death out of selfish desires.

I suspect this arc will end with Kou and Nazuna pondering more deeply how they can make things work out, without it ending horribly like it did for Mahiru and Kiku. Nazuna especially may be a lot more hesitant to continue with Kou since she knows now what happened to Kiku and Mahiru (although the exact cause of their death is still uncertain).
This is the right take on this. Because it highlights exactly what Kiku did to Mahirou. What bothers me is that Kou, after trying to save him, following him all over japan, basically just watches as Kiku drives Mahirou to suicide and "kills him". She made him so mentally unstable that she might have as well left him on a slippery edge and let go. And Kou just thinks it was Mahirou's choice? Nah Kou, you fucked up by letting go of your friend and just watching as he killed himself.

Anyway, I read in this thread Mahirou's cause of death which was a suicide letter he wrote as a human, which became his special object and killed him. I think this is correct.

What is uncertain, and is bothering me, is what killed Kiku? How will this impact on Nazuna? Will she die if she loves Kou when feeding from him? Do the sun need to be shining?

Dex-chan lover
This is the right take on this. Because it highlights exactly what Kiku did to Mahirou. What bothers me is that Kou, after trying to save him, following him all over japan, basically just watches as Kiku drives Mahirou to suicide and "kills him". She made him so mentally unstable that she might have as well left him on a slippery edge and let go. And Kou just thinks it was Mahirou's choice? Nah Kou, you fucked up.

Anyway, I read in this thread Mahirou's cause of death which was a suicide letter he wrote as a human, which became his special object and killed him. I think this is correct.

What is uncertain, and is bothering me, is what killed Kiku? How will this impact on Nazuna? Will she die if she loves Kou when feeding from him? Do the sun need to be shining?
I suspect the reason Kou stood there doing nothing is because he knew Mahiru was too far gone. Kou's still a child, as mature as he can be at times, and I figure he was still too afraid to reach out and stop Mahiru because Kiku had pushed him so far into her own narrative that even if he stopped him from killing himself, it would've just made Mahiru go further and further into despair.

Now, in fairness to Kou, it's not like he even knew Mahiru was going to kill himself, or that he would die after Kiku bit him. The entire situation was rather unclear as to what would happen if Kiku bit him, and how both of them simply died in the sunlight - it wasn't like something like that had happened before considering the only other time we saw a vampire die in sunlight was after considerable weakening. It was just an overall ambiguous situation.

Dex-chan lover
This arc made me almost drop the manga ngl. I didn't need all that cheap drama about Mahiru or Kiku. I am invested in Nazuna-chan and Kou. I hope the author give those two focus again soon.

But what are your opinion on this arc? I am curious! I love a good discussion.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad at least Mahiru and Kiku went together. In the end what was precious to them was each other.

I think the next focus will be on Akira's friends. It seems like they were a little focused on this chapter. Even one of them was noticing Kou staring out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread