Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 173 - You Awake?

Group Leader
explosion-nuke.gif

Supporter
Things are going to get interesting and I can't wait to find out. I am so loving this manga. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
What kind of random thing to say?!? "anyway"? like, I could see the sentence being blurted out if the grammar was entirely different, but the way he said it made it sound as if he was replying to her, or had been monologuing to her for a while.

Dex-chan lover
OK. Imma skip till the drama ends. I'm going to OnK where There is REAL DRSMS.

Double-page supporter
OH! OH! OH YOU DUMB MF YOU NEVER SUPPOSE TO SAY THAT TO PEOPLE WHO ARE CLOSE TO YOU. Love comes in different shades and hues.

Double-page supporter
Oh I hope Nazuna response with “What would you do if I did?” And he actually thinks on what she said and responds not in a dumb way. You had a whole arc on love and the conquenses on love. He should give an appropriate.

Dex-chan lover
Gonna take this moment to do an "I told you so." Kou was and is still clearly hurt by his friend's death. He didn't magically get over it and put it behind him.

That aside, his depressed, sleep deprived ass really said something that'll land him in trouble. It's not unforgivable. But he does owe her an apology and explanation for why he said that.

I mean I get it. He did everything he could and couldn't save his best friend. He's still figuring out what love is. He doesn't really have his future figured out. I know how that sort of aimlessness leads to feeling hopeless. Besides, he's only fourteen. It's not unforgivable. But he does need to properly ask for forgiveness, and he needs to be able to forgive himself.

Dex-chan lover
Alternatively, what if her reply is something akin to "what would you do if I did?" and probe his response.
Knowing Nazuna, she might get mad at him. But that would betray her feelings and, since she loves him, I imagine she'd be more concerned with why he's feeling like such an unlovable piece of shit.

Maybe she'll avoid the discussion somehow, since it's about love. But she confronted the topic with Mahiru, and she's finally confronted it within herself. I don't think she's as afraid of it as she used to be - or at least she has more courage.

I'm not terribly confident about how she'll proceed. But I think she'll try to check in with him emotionally. "What's wrong? Why are you saying that?" That's what you should do when someone you love is hurting.

But maybe she'll take it much further than I hope. After all, Kou is saying this to her in his school. He was sleeping, at night, at school. That's not only a strong visual symbol of the distance between their worlds right now, but that he's confessing it here could be proof to her that the distance is real.

Part of what I like about this story is that it is difficult to predict, but everything reads clearly in hindsight. We'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread