Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 195 - Can't Go Anywhere

Dex-chan lover
Am i the only one finding 50+ years old woman wooing high school kids kinda gross?
"Kinda" gross? Picking your nose in public is "kinda gross". Be less equivocal if you're going for this angle.

Second, understanding that it's actually the middle school* boy inadvertently wooing the 30-40 year old* dhampir** (and not the other way around) is mandatory to understanding the narrative.

Third... I like works of fiction where young boys make older women that would normally see nothing in them blush like schoolgirls. It's a kind of underdog story, and it necessitates major character growth on the young man's part, so they also end up doubling as coming-of-age stories.

Tangential: I think her publishing company likes those kinds of stories, too.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I just hope normal vampires rules doesn't apply to Nanakusa since she is an "original" one and that they can live happily.

Contributor
"Kinda" gross? Picking your nose in public is "kinda gross". Be less equivocal if you're going for this angle.

Second, understanding that it's actually the middle school* boy inadvertently wooing the 30-40 year old* dhampir** (and not the other way around) is mandatory to understanding the narrative.

Third... I like works of fiction where young boys make older women that would normally see nothing in them blush like schoolgirls. It's a kind of underdog story, and it necessitates major character growth on the young man's part, so they also end up doubling as coming-of-age stories.

Tangential: I think her publishing company likes those kinds of stories, too.
14 is high school in my country. Also i find it kind of gross from the old woman to accept advances from a kid, especially when it’s implied that they manipulate people into that position, but that’s me i guess. Still the whole double suicide thing is not romantic at all, just plain madness from a manipulative hag dragging a kid into stuff he barely understands.

Dex-chan lover
That was one hell of a great chapter. I am so hoping for a happy ending for the two of them. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Also i find it kind of gross from the old woman to accept advances from a kid,
You are 194 chapters too late to be making this kind of complaint, putting aside that I said "inadvertently wooing" for a reason.

especially when it’s implied that they manipulate people into that position
...you sound like you skipped to this chapter expressly to make this complaint-- otherwise, you would understand how what you're talking about doesn't apply to the couple in question.

Still the whole double suicide thing is not romantic at all, just plain madness from a manipulative hag dragging a kid into stuff he barely understands.
What double suicide? Did you read this chapter?

Fed-Kun's army
I might have to read this again. So if a Vampire sucks the blood of a human they love, they both die right? And for a human to become a vampire, they have to fall in love with said vampire and have them suck their blood. Didn't Ko already say he loved Nazuna? What is the problem now? Is it that if she fell in love with him first, they will die?

Contributor
You are 194 chapters too late to be making this kind of complaint, putting aside that I said "inadvertently wooing" for a reason.

...you sound like you skipped to this chapter expressly to make this complaint-- otherwise, you would understand how what you're talking about doesn't apply to the couple in question.

What double suicide? Did you read this chapter?
As i said, it’s been in the back of my mind for a while. As for the wooing stuff, i was talking mostly about the dead vampire, but nazuna is weird too ngl, shouldn’t mingle with kids. Also you don’t get accidentally wooed. As for the suicide, previous vampire couple, and it’s possible it’s gonna happen here, or so the main couple thinks. Kinda weird, but overall decent read.

Dex-chan lover
My heart, my heart can't take this.
If its a sad ending which I am sure it will be, I'll have to go though a 6 pack to get over it.
😭

Thanks for the translation everyone that worked on this

Users who are viewing this thread