Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 20 Ch. 199 - A Fascinating Tale. You Should Become a Writer.

Kou and Nazuna’s relationship is super adorable, but I think that made y’all assume that this was a “love story” when it’s actually about the healing that can come from temporarily escaping your normal reality.
There is something to be said (I read this in the comments of the last chapter somewhere) that this story is basically telling you to hurry up and go back to being a normal person already, but at least that’s a critique of the themes based on the actual information presented and not complaining about how the sexy vampire lady didn’t end up with the lost middle schooler…
shes in a 14 year old body??? and yes its romance manga/ anime we want happy endings. i hate ppl like this

This chapter made me feel better about a lot of things. But to me, there are two protagonists in Yofukashi no Uta, Kou and Nazuna. If Nazuna just stays out there being lonely forever, with the flimsy pretense that she's okay because she has her memories of her love, it's not a cool ending to me.
fr if it did go that way i feel like nazuna couldnt move on and end of dying bc she hasnt sucked any blood. kou shows up before she dies and nazuna spends her last seconds with him or takes the risk and sucks his blood....

C'mon guys, the story does not need to end with the main characters fucking and havin 8 bazillion kids and living happy forever for it to be good.
who said that? the people just want a good ending? not hard just half ass it and say nazuna sucks kous blood and since she is only 1/2 vampire neither of them die.... they date the end. or time skip married the end...

Dex-chan lover
damn, I feel like this author just absolutely loves writing love stories but hates writing endings to them. Like, for fucks sake just let your protags get together for once.
If it's like the last one, she'll show up again in the last chapter.

If it's like the last one, she'll show up again in the last chapter.
its not hard to write a happy ending. imagine this as soon as kou goes to the vending machine he buys his drink. then he starts reminising about nazuna and says out loud cuz no one is there i should of stopped her or said something. i should i told her i didnt care as long as we were together. even if we both died its better then feeling like this. loud metal clank from on top of the vending machine. womens voice. can you say that again? (or loud banding from the side of the vending machine. womens voice. can you say that again? then you remember that thing nazuna did in chapter 1 and what kou did after nazuna ran away that creepy stare thing. just reuse it again with nazuna. END OF CHAPTER.

Dex-chan lover
..., his first love might not have panned out but most dont at thats fine. ...
I have huffed too much hopium to believe in this statement unless the final chapters (or any extras) explicitly confirm it.

Edit:
Ahh, man. I regret getting into this series because recently I have started to really dislike sad/melancholic endings or even open-endings for the most part.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
its not hard to write a happy ending. imagine this as soon as kou goes to the vending machine he buys his drink. then he starts reminising about nazuna and says out loud cuz no one is there i should of stopped her or said something. i should i told her i didnt care as long as we were together. even if we both died its better then feeling like this. loud metal clank from on top of the vending machine. womens voice. can you say that again? (or loud banding from the side of the vending machine. womens voice. can you say that again? then you remember that thing nazuna did in chapter 1 and what kou did after nazuna ran away that creepy stare thing. just reuse it again with nazuna. END OF CHAPTER.
That’s gotta be the most generic and predictable ending ever, I’m so fuccin glad the critics of this series aren’t the ones writing this story

Dex-chan lover
Wait a bit, did we read the same manga?
Yeah, there was romance and they split up, that kind of shit happens, but the romance was still there
Yeah, he has friends, most of this chapter was him interacting with them, and he made a lot of friends during the whole series, he's just not around them 100% of the time, and thats normal
Personal growth? Man, this boy was straight up a depressed drop out at the start of the series, look at him now
And one of the main plot points of THIS CHAPTER is that he wants to help the Detective with her vampire cases. And the only reason he can actually be helpful is because no character in the series even compare to him in terms of raw strenght and power (He is still naive and not really experienced at fighting tho).
I didn't said that those points were absent in the whole manga, but in these last few chapters of finale; or better, what's the "direction" of this finale, its purpose.
And yes he said that he wants to become an helper for the detective, but why? Wants to help vampires to get along better with humans? Wants to hunt the bad ones? Wants to do it to have another chance to see FMC? Or he feels an "obligation" to do it because of his powers?

My impression is that everything is left vague, like an "open" finale that doesn't really feel like a closure for almost anything.
Obviously this is until now, let's see what chapter 200 offers

Double-page supporter
No No Noooooooooo!!!!! Is that it???! Why??? What we all were reading that for if there won't be a happy ending??

Dex-chan lover
The entire manga: a teenage human and a teenage-ish vampire slowly falling for each other with other (and the boy wanting to become a vampire which will happen when he fully falls for her) and about the trials of other vampire/human couples
You: Nooooooo it's actually about Healing and being normal. You're ignoring the themes!"

Users who are viewing this thread