Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 5 Ch. 45 - Let's talk about love

Dex-chan lover
MC is a bisexual icon, apparently

Though, to be fair, vampires have the reputation for being a bit...flexible, in that department.

I love how people's reaction in the comments is opposite to the MC's...
Calling him cute was objective praise, being affronted by his invitation means the MC is more self conscious and cognisant, and rather than judging a book by it's cover, the MC chooses to judge his method, and refute it with his own realisations, accompanied by self discovery and characterization

The characterization is interesting, in that every character has a hard-line, deep red ideology, as well as more open and flexible perspective on human interaction
One example is that the female childhood friend has always enjoyed being with the MC (deep-rooted) but is open to his ideas, as well as those he encounter in his exploration of the night

There are things even if not accepted morally, is explainable through real life examples, especially since it is easier to imagine the "emotions."

being upset someone doesn't want a homosexual development in a manga and taking that prefrence and making it an attack on your own character on an anime discussion thread is sad, preference=/= identity politics. I'm also sure that some people would get annoyed if a character was fucked straight. (or enjoy it)

Dex-chan lover
Ehhh never thought Yamori-kun into bisexuality 0_o

Kinda threw up a little in my mouth

@Edixo count me in

Well aren't you guys just having some fun down here in the comments
If you got a problem with this manga's characters, go complain to the author on twitter, and then watch as that does completely nothing because you're not the one writing this!

Aggregator gang
Wow the fucking homophobia in these comments idk if they are an edgy joke or not, but to act repulse over Kou saying "You're face is kinda cute." And become all neckbeard about it is some pretty weak backbone shit. Are y'all that sensitive over one comment? Cheers to mature ones and those who don't really care in the comment section who actually are not being bigots.

Double-page supporter
so I guess this is how some people's logic works:

I think you look cute=I like you I want to fuck you later probably

what the fuck? thats not how it works dude, why do people think just because the mc said "I think you're cute" to another dude he's going to turn gay or bi? there's dudes I think looks cute or hot but im not gay, it's just an observation I have on their appearance. it's the same thing when I see fat people and think "wow that guy is fat" mc is straight forward and it's been said multiple times by different characters that it's one of his traits but suddenly everyone thinks he's going to be gay because he said what he thought to another dude when prompted. yeah, thats right, he was asked on what he thought, so it wasn't even like he just blurted it out or something. if you thought he was gay because he blurted it out of nowhere then MAYBE you get a pass but thats not what happened

also

so what if he's bi or gay? are you guys really that homophobic? what's wrong with the mc being bi? it's not like gender means a lot to vampires in this manga. menhera-kun was example of that, in fact now that I think about it the author probably included that line on purpose for this exact reason. it's to show vampires dont care. blood is blood, and blood is food

I really wonder what the point is of adding a male character that looks extremely feminine? It adds nothing but pandering to freaks who get off to traps. If this is the route the manga goes down I don't see myself continuing.

I'm still sorta confused. So I get that MC's not gay which is fine. I don't give a shit if he falls in love with the trap or Nazuna. I don't get, however, how it is some how worse or offensive, for MC to have just said he's not into men. Isn't that just being true to his morals, or is it his cut and dry nature that allows him to see past his sexuality and speak objectively about his feelings towards Nazuna and aforementioned trap.

@Mnuchinboo Poor dude got offended. Cry me a river.

"oH tHE fuCkiNG hOmoPhOBia"
'Don't say anything about them! Blasphemy! Bigots!'
'The harm principle is the only correct principle (while I violate it by calling other people names, and also penetrate into someone's back-side and injure them or give them HIV)'

Go take your inconsistencies and shove it up your.

Users who are viewing this thread