Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 7 Ch. 64 - The years I've spent with you

Dex-chan lover
"The only thing better than that is not getting murdered."
What did Nazuna mean by this? I've found the line very confusing.
Is she saying that she's grateful that Kabura didn't murder her?
Is the "better" sarcastic, and Nazuna is saying that the nightmare Kabura endured is only marginally preferable to being murdered?

I'd genuinely appreciate any input from the TL or anyone with knowledge of the raws, because I can't figure out who the line applies to or what she's trying to say in general.

Double-page supporter
"The only thing better than that is not getting murdered."
What did Nazuna mean by this? I've found the line very confusing.
Is she saying that she's grateful that Kabura didn't murder her?
Is the "better" sarcastic, and Nazuna is saying that the nightmare Kabura endured is only marginally preferable to being murdered?

I'd genuinely appreciate any input from the TL or anyone with knowledge of the raws, because I can't figure out who the line applies to or what she's trying to say in general.
I think that what Nazuna meant by, " The only thing better than that was not getting murdered.", was how the only thing better than raising the Nazuna that we know is not being killed, given Kabura's situation. I could be wrong though, the only thing I can reference to is this translation.

Dex-chan lover
Your crush had a child with someone else and then you have to raise that child that looks like your crush. It's torture.
I got that vibe, but the specific phrasing of that sentiment is what I'm confused by.

Users who are viewing this thread