Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - I Don't Really Get It, But I'm Cruel?

@marshymallowy @bakauguu @JeezyHungry
This translation was in general rather weak. The art does not make it totally clear, but in page 8 she doesn't actually shoot the mother wolf, it's her already existing wound sprouting blood in the last panel before the MC even gets to fire. The translation does not help to make this clearer. In page 9, last panel, her saying "親子揃ってケガをしている" gets translated to "The parent got injured badly" while it actually says "Both the parent and child were injured". As in they already were injured beforehand not that she injured them. This is actually a point later in the story as it's revealed who injured them.

There are other errors, such as:
1. page 1, last panel, between the bubbles. I assume "skim" means to fill in the gaps in the finish in that context? Not a native English speaker, but I gather that might be a meaning of the word "skim"? Alternatively the text there in JP says "All that's left is to fill in the gaps" or "Now to fill in the gaps".
2. page 3, middle panel, right side "bubble"(originally text on background). Actually doesn't say that she has reached level 6 in lewd but that it is "a matter of time before she hits level 6 in lewd". That is, she hasn't reached level 6 yet.
3. page 4, first panel, right "bubble. Almost completely unrelated to the original JP. The actual translation is "The radius of my 'Detection' skill should be under the effect of animal and magical beast repellents". In other words, something just waltzed in to her detection radius where there should be no animals or magical beast because she has countermeasures against them installed there.
4. page 6, upper left panel, lower bubble. Again unrelated. Actual translation "That said, it did get past the magical beast repellent(s) to get here...".
5. page 8, upper left panel, lower bubble. In relation what I said in the beginning. She doesn't actually cast 'Air barrel'. The original JP reflects that, the current translation does not. In the original the skill name gets cut off to something like "Air bar-...!", rather than get fully invoked like currently.
6. page 9, as mentioned above.
7. page 10, 2nd from top panel, "bubble". Minor, but more precise translation would be "Cornered beasts are the most dangerous kind".
8. page 10, 3rd from top panel, thought bubble. Mostly incorrect. Actual translation would be "It might attack the house for food...".
9. page 12, I'll just do my own TL here: 1. panel left: "Wait a bit...", right: "This is not the right mood for this[lt. being killed]...!", 2. panel rightmost: "No!! Don't get carried away by empathy[/emotions/pity]", middle: "Stay cool... I have to think freely!!", leftmost: "...but freely means"
10. page 13, cont. my TL. Rightmost text: "It shouldn't matter if I make her into a fur pelt", 2nd right text: "or abandon her here and go back home, am I right!?", 3rd right text: "Since I can do whatever I want, I should be[/am] truly free...", leftmost text: "Since I can do whatever I want". These two pages are filled with expressions that are hard to properly translate from Japanese, hopefully this was clear enough.
11. page 15, middle panel, rightmost conjoined bubbles. Actual translation(small bubble then large): "That said" "It's my first time using it on another person... (beast?)" <- parentheses part of TL. Bit nitpicky, but the last panel bubble on this page actually says "The wound is visibly[as in at a visible manner/speed] closing".
12. page 17, top panel, right bubble. Now we get to the point where I have to take apart the title of the chapter. Both the title and this bubble use the same word in Japanese: 非情. In the bubble it's translated as 'harsh' while in the title it's translated as 'cruel'. I would translate it as 'callous'. The title doesn't actually have a subject. In reality in the original Japanese it says "I Don't Really Get It, But [something] is Callous?". There is no "I'm" before "Callous" there! Reading the chapter we, the reader, are supposed to discover that it's actually nature's laws that's callous and at the very end we get a version of it that says that nature's laws are fluffy, but there is no way to omit subjects in English like there is in Japanese so instead we get this mess. In short, the title translations for the chapters have been at least partly bs.
13. page 19, middle panel, "bubble" to the right. Actually says "It got attached to me".
14. page 19, bottom panel, 2 "bubbles". 'Human pets', you wah bruh? Anyway, right "bubble": "Other people(animals?) means being relied on and relying on them", left "bubble": "I started my secluded life intent on ridding myself of such things, you know".
15. page 20, bottommost text. As pointed out in correction 12, this should be inline with the title and the bubble from page 17. In short it should probably read "I Don't Really Get It, But Nature's Laws are Fluffy".

Thanks for reading this rambly mess and hopefully it was helpful in making sense of the chapter.

im glad she has found another hobby to indulge aside from doing naughty thing lmao

Too bad its female...
But if the puppy male theres still chance to do that....
With her lv increasing... Bestialityplay 😏

@Swift
TBH, most of the errors aren't that serious It's just that there are some, like the source of the wolves' injuries, the title and the lewd level, that are significant to the story. I felt like those really need to be corrected and chose to also then take a shot at correcting the more lesser errors in the TL. It would've probably been fine, if it had been worked over by a TLc or an attentive Editor who has at least some knowledge of Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
@amZa If you pay some attention to the translated web novel...
You will see that the only time she doesn't do it, is when she is either working, with guests or in a non-herself made room

Dex-chan lover
It's either you take good care of it, or you "take care of it" wow that's kinda dark.

Dex-chan lover
That's a pretty nice collection she has going there. Vibro-duck, lickwheel, big ol hand, CORN, fuckatron, drilldo, magic wand..

Dex-chan lover
Well... that's pretty much how the first human to domesticate a wolf did it so..

@bitfarb
Nothing beats CORN!

Group Leader
No more hardcore masturbation for now? Or maybe just one chapter break?

Fed-Kun's army
Hahaha, the second page got me. Magic is amazing, Science is amazing, A "women's body is amazing!"

"the parent got badly injured" you sure she was a scientist and not a detective in her past life

Users who are viewing this thread