Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - I Don't Really Get It But, I Guess I'll Help Out

Fed-Kun's army
What is with that tiny chest armour, though? I've seen some dubious armour, but this thing... Anyone able to aim their blade would just go for the unprotected left side. Actually, most people are right-handed, so wouldn't hitting the opponent's left side be standard?

Group Leader
yeah things have been busy for me since ive literally just moved back to the states from japan after finishing up a work tenure there last week. rn im just chilling unemployed so will be translating and applying for jobs at the same time pretty much. next chapter soon™

Dex-chan lover
What is with that tiny chest armour, though? I've seen some dubious armour, but this thing... Anyone able to aim their blade would just go for the unprotected left side. Actually, most people are right-handed, so wouldn't hitting the opponent's left side be standard?
Someone else pointed out earlier in the thread that it looks like archer armor rather than swordswoman armor, and after having that pointed out, I agree it does look like that. Archers aren't generally in hand-to-hand combat, and are usually shooting from far enough away that they have time to dodge a counterattack. So their armor isn't designed to protect from attacks as much as it is to protect their arm (and boobs in the case of a female) from getting nailed by the kickback of the bow string when they shoot an arrow. The two obvious defensive pieces of this armor being a half-shell covering one boob and the arm guard seems to back up this being what this armor is.

Which, yeah, doesn't make sense because she's a swordswoman not an archer.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks, this one is definitely worth the time of day.
I stand by my previous statements.

Something is definitely not always better than nothing, and effort does not automatically lead to recognition. There is such thing as crook-toothed horse, and I don't want it.

Dex-chan lover
Someone else pointed out earlier in the thread that it looks like archer armor rather than swordswoman armor, and after having that pointed out, I agree it does look like that. Archers aren't generally in hand-to-hand combat, and are usually shooting from far enough away that they have time to dodge a counterattack. So their armor isn't designed to protect from attacks as much as it is to protect their arm (and boobs in the case of a female) from getting nailed by the kickback of the bow string when they shoot an arrow. The two obvious defensive pieces of this armor being a half-shell covering one boob and the arm guard seems to back up this being what this armor is.

Which, yeah, doesn't make sense because she's a swordswoman not an archer.
Honestly try not to think about this too much when reading mangas. Most series dont even portray gambesons (including this series too, the cloth Toriella wears seem to be thin based on how many wrinkles it has) and lacks the most basic understanding of western armor.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for a translation that actually makes sense with good typesetting.

and man that so called "armor" she made is seriously useless, its almost as if the MC actually want her friend to die, those knee protectors she got is at most only going to protect her knees if she slips or trip, those wrist guards, unless highly magical, is at most marginally better then a thick shirt, and the chest piece... what chest piece? it only cover 1 boob, even if someone was to specifically aim at the "armor" they would likely miss and hit her vitals due to how small it is or slide off and hit her vitals.
regardless of your possition being that of a archer or a front fighter, in history you would be using pretty much the same armor.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
somehow, even the bobble's contours are crisper in this version?

And I agree with ppl that the armor looked odd - fairly sure I only tend to see such asymmetrical armor on archer classes, normally?
Better than nothing though, and I guess it's one way to save on materials when really poor (only armor one side, to guide enemy attacks to mainly target the other side and making them more predictable and easier to deal with). The knee protectors are probably more useful than ppl expect though, as an adventurer is likely going to need and crouch a lot for long periods of time (gathering herbs; lying in ambush)

Dex-chan lover
thank you for a translation that actually makes sense with good typesetting.

and man that so called "armor" she made is seriously useless, its almost as if the MC actually want her friend to die, those knee protectors she got is at most only going to protect her knees if she slips or trip, those wrist guards, unless highly magical, is at most marginally better then a thick shirt, and the chest piece... what chest piece? it only cover 1 boob, even if someone was to specifically aim at the "armor" they would likely miss and hit her vitals due to how small it is or slide off and hit her vitals.
regardless of your possition being that of a archer or a front fighter, in history you would be using pretty much the same armor.

I mean not really. Archers typically didn’t wear the same type of armor swordsmen wore even during war time. Loading then up with a ton of heavy armor would just result in poor marksmanship and cause the archers to be unable to get away from enemy troops if the archer squad was found

The armor she gave her friend is the type of armor an archer would wear to protect themselves from self dmg caused by their bow. The vambraces protect the arms from getting hit by the bowstring and the chest plate protects the archer’s test from the string going past their chest when they release the bow. Reason why it only covers one side is cause the string would only only hit that side.

All in all the armor would have been a fine gift for her friend… if said friend was an archer and not a swordswoman

Dex-chan lover
Fanservice aside, this story is great. Glad someone translated it.

I only find raws in indonesian??, so I can't do nothing, I only know some japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread