Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Ch. 55 - Gungnir

Dex-chan lover
Having read the WL I would like to say both, but in the end he is just a pure evil char, there really isnt anything to sugercoat it. He will do even worse things than he just did. Even if you 100% believe its a game, what makes you behave like this in a game in the first place? Especially if the gfx and sound effects are so realistic and you even get sensoric feedback...
He lacks a mustache to twirl. Shame that mangakas rarely appreciate the classic looks: goatees and twirlable 'staches.

This. The evil genocide routes are usually done on a replay and nowadays quite oft with a guide and not out of curiosity or cruelty.
Yeah most full genocides runs are mostly replay runs for completionist reasons.
Occasional murder could be excused to curiosity of "what happens if i do this instead" however...

Assuming you believe there is no consequences to your actions...
Even in a fully immersive world, regular people would probably do crime like murder at least once just to see what it is like.
But only the truly twisted would keep going after a few times.

In games where people KNOW there are lasting consequences to your actions.
Most people avoid starting with a genocide route or doing excessively stupid actions.

Double-page supporter
What an utter piece of shit! Great chapter though, this arc do be feeling very fresh for this series

Dex-chan lover
Honestly would prefer a just straight out evil character instead of this stupid "I know I'm doing morally wrong things but I believe it's just the most detailed, realistic game possible so I'm not a psychopath" bit.
It doesn't really change anything. He's a psychopath nonetheless. I'm sure great many of the serial killers and mass murderers in real life didn't call themselves psychopaths either. Even if a person explains enjoying killing humans to themselves "rationally" (in their own opinion), they are still psychos in the eyes of the rest of the world and criminal psychology.

Double-page supporter
Kaido just said that "the status bar" was game-like. IIRC, he fully know there will be consequences. He just doesn't care because he will commit suicide after he kill Van anyway.

And in Origin, he did human trafficking and selling human organs. So that the way he is.

Aggregator gang
remind me again, why is he under the impression the god placed him inside a game unlike last time?
Is this guy your basic-bitch lunatic or does he actually think this is a video game/something?
I'm just triggered in particular by people being absolute shitbags and laughing it off by saying they were just playing around.
He was promised to be reborn in an ideal life on Earth after he kills Vandalieu. Thus, he views this life as a throwaway. Also having his memories from his two former lives/deaths has damaged his psyche. The game-like systems (status screen, skills/abilities having levels, etc) of Lambda just cement his distorted view of reality.

The WN makes it clear that in Origin, they took their lives seriously because they were not told that they would be reincarnated into Lambda when they died. However, after multiple lives and being told they would get another if they killed Van, a not small percentage of the reincarnators would think of Lambda as just a place where the consequences of their actions don't matter (though Gungir is one of the worst).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't understand the goal of the shitty god. Yea, I know it's that Vandaleu wasn't supposed to be still alive because he's an abomination, but isn't sending in murder hobo HeRo making more problems?

If the newcomer does kill MC then he needs to dispose of this one as well because he's a psychopath.

Dex-chan lover
What is with the cardboard villain? Plus it's not like it's his first time being reincarnated so why does he pretend it's a game even if it has status screens?

Dex-chan lover
Having read the WL I would like to say both, but in the end he is just a pure evil char, there really isnt anything to sugercoat it. He will do even worse things than he just did. Even if you 100% believe its a game, what makes you behave like this in a game in the first place? Especially if the gfx and sound effects are so realistic and you even get sensoric feedback...
same reason people do genocide routes in games, because they can.

Users who are viewing this thread