Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - A Cruel World

Ngl that the second life was more original and had a better premise
>Magic and science
>With 100 powerful otherworlders heros
>He was a undead with fucked up background and every powerful person plus the heroes chasing after him to get the unique magic he have
This one is just the classic game like on middle age with edgy op mc bullshit

@penizz Surprisingly you are kind of right. His 2nd life did seem more interesting, but I was kind of turned off by the modern technology like guns though.

@CalamityCallout You have to understand that what he's doing is impossible for basically every single person lol. Think about it, just creating all those small undead took 1 MILLION points of magic. It's not to farfetched to think that creating more would have spent more and then forcefully maintaining a soul and preventing it from reincarnating (something not even god in this world could do) would have depleted the rest.

Edit: Oh btw he doesn't have a billion mana, he starts with 100 million which is a far far cry from a million. And to elaborate, he spent roughly half of his mana on creating all the undead (especially the insect types since there were a lot of them) and the rest on his mother.

@juslin guns vs magic is fine if magic can fight against it
Im more surprised that the every isekai is so fuckin cliche with the magic sistem
Magic mix with modern science is a potencial i always wanted to see well done

@penizz Yeah I totally agree, I have never seen a successful magic + technology webnovel honestly. The closest I've seen is a Chinese novel intergrating cultivation + technology. I've tried reading a few but they always are lacking, which is why I prefer if they just cut out technology entirely. The main problem is that I think most novel writers don't have a good enough understanding of technology to write a novel revolving around it, which is pretty sad.

How are his skills leveling up if the curse prevents him from gaining experience? 🤔

Dex-chan lover
@penizz @Juslin

I'd like to recommend "Supreme Magus", it's a *really* well written webnovel (currently just under 900 chapters) with actual but very gradual character progression:
Warning: The MC is not a hero nor an anti-hero. He is a broken, cynic and misanthropic person looking only for his own gain. If you are looking for a forgiving, nice, MC that goes around saving people in distress, this is not your cup of tea. Same if you want an unchanging MC with no character development.
The novel is written so well that sometimes pretty accurate foreshadowing is hidden in the novel a couple or several tens of chapters in advance of something actually happening, which IMHO makes it obvious that the story is very well thought out and not just written "one chapter at a time" but as a consistent story.

Technology vs. Magic plot points:
Later on there is explanation why even the normal army uniforms/armors are nigh impervious to physical projectile weapons like bows and guns (yes they have/had them there in the new world), the reason being protective enchantments providing an automatic gravity magic countermeasure against rapidly approaching projectiles making them near weightless IIRC.
Further there are some occasions where the MC can see different scientific concepts at play in the new world's magic system, e.g. "a sword that can even cut through rock" which IIRC is using air magic to vibrate very fast in order to become something like an ultrasonic cutter.
Etc. etc.

Release:
It has a release rate of two short chapters once per day (except one rest day per week) on webnovel.com with the first ~80 chapters free and paid after that (at some point there was a shift from one long chapter to two short chapters per day, with the consequence of chapter being halved). This equates to ~0.28€ - 0.30€ (14 "coins") per day of the current chapters which I think is very reasonable, since that's ~10€ for 30-35 days of reading daily new chapters. Obviously there are also certain aggregator sites stealing the content and putting it online for free, which I used to binge the then 500 released chapters when I first found the series and continued with the legal paid route from there. Concurrently I buy the earlier chapters piece by piece until I'll catch up sometime in the future.

Ummm Anyone Else Stop wondering How a Demon Lord is Born ? Considering the Fine Job Gods been doing is this guys 4th (Happy)Life Happen in Marvel Universe and his Name Dr Doom ? I really want se god Die!

Jesus christ how is this guy allowed to be a god, first he got the dudes name wrong and gave the wrong dude what he was supposed to have which cursed him to a life of hell at which point it ended by being killed by his former classmates cuz they didnt even give him the chance to talk then he gets reincarnated in another hell wirhout powers again because this god "wasnt able to" and his mom gets killed and the god is just like oh you will be fine by life 4, like seriously dude???

Dex-chan lover
Uh... Worried and afraid.
I hate the fucking suffering. Fuck you, author.
HOWEVER. If we're going to go for it anyway, I HOPE the assholes die. Slowly. Painfully. The ones at the lab died way too fast.
Then again, I'm personally not a fan of villain MCs, so I hope he doesn't go on a rampage killing even innocent people. Let's just limit it to the assholes, mhm?

Double-page supporter
Why just fucking why. WHYYY I was actually crying when I read this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread