Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Ghouls Versus Orcs!

@Chibi-Angi Right, getting backstory for one of the characters is stalling. We should just be killing orcs and taking b@!^$es and not care about the plot.

@tigerstar186 Since when was the dog that massive

@jonsmth go to ded jail

@glscarves Bruh, that's way too random and so illogical. Disregarding all the reasons they couldn't/wouldn't attack the ghouls while Van is attacking the village, you made a mistake in assuming Van wouldn't take in the possibility the orcs would attack them at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
@Flavor25 >Did they seriously just do a backstory in the middle if a war theyve been building up for a while now? Wtf
Yes, flashbacks are an important part of anime military tactics. By telling this flashback, Tarea's crafted equipment will get a power-up and kick orc ass by itself.

Fed-Kun's army
@Wyald The orcs were not the ones doing the raping this time. It was ghouls who turned her into a ghoul.

What was she doing on page 30? is that a knife she noticed? Was she planning to kill her if she didn't like ghouls?

Dex-chan lover
Another Flashback just in time to side step the main plot
I hate when this happens, INB4 its a tragic story where she loses her family and gets raped....

@hokujin @R-Mod I didn't say that the author is stalling, I said that he seems to, I justget flashback from all those manga/anime where there seems to be a big battle/fight coming up and the author decides to drag it out with dozent of flashbacks, multiple chapter long flashbacks and other stuff, the way the chapter ended just gave me a bad feeling like that's what the author is going for, I just hope that's not the case

@Chibi-Angi To be clear, when i said the author wasn't stalling. I meant that the author has nothing to do with this manga other than providing the source material (web novel). I don't recall a flashback ever showing up in the middle of the fight, and i remember the author giving more of a build-up towards this important event. The manga completely destroyed the buildup by skipping the introduction of the opposing faction. It's suspicious that the orc/kobold/goblin faction was never properly introduced and I suspect whoever is running the manga intends to do a lot more flashbacks to explain things as opposed to having proper pacing and structure.

IS IT ME OR IS THERE LITERALLY NO BACKGROUND DRAWING IN THIS MANGA

@deedet
They are in an open world, so the sky being the thing that everyone can see is more fitting imo than just random mountains in the distance. Looks better imo.

Fed-Kun's army
@hokujin yeah, the flashback happened right before van visited her village in the novel (it's not a spoiler anymore, right? we are already past that point)
but it's more dramatic to have flashback now that we are more familiar with talea, compared to when we know absolutely nothing about her

Users who are viewing this thread