Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Ghouls Versus Orcs!

@RPWPA Nah what I meant is maybe draw some trees, or some of the orc campement facilities, there is literally no background at all. Of course, I can guess the starry sky can count as one when the point of view is looking from below, but come on, all there is is white, no color, at one panel there is a night sky background, the other it is blank, no color gradient ect...

Aggregator gang
Sam got scary, I loved it !
Thx for the tl ! Keep up the good work !

Dex-chan lover
>It's a long story...
>Start the story from childhood

I thought the ritual ghouls were common. So I was surprised that she was surprised

Dex-chan lover
@hokujin
To be clear, when i said the author wasn't stalling. I meant that the author has nothing to do with this manga other than providing the source material (web novel). I don't recall a flashback ever showing up in the middle of the fight, and i remember the author giving more of a build-up towards this important event. The manga completely destroyed the buildup by skipping the introduction of the opposing faction. It's suspicious that the orc/kobold/goblin faction was never properly introduced and I suspect whoever is running the manga intends to do a lot more flashbacks to explain things as opposed to having proper pacing and structure.

The source material is NOT the webnovel, but the light novel, which you have most likely not read. Don't mix up.

The details on Origin from Chapter 2, the chapter where Zadiris gets the ghoul girls to flee, the fight against the Ghoul King, Tarea's more detailed past, the fight against the Island Turtle, the existence of Lefdia and so on, these are things present in the Light Novel and are either absent or briefly reviewed in the webnovel.

-----------

For those finding the timing weird, the raw chapter is already available to check, but for those that may be curious, the reason is
Basdia
. We got Vigaro and Zadiris fighting, but no
Basdia

@ssj4maiko
Author writes a rough web novel -> author or someone else creates a cleaned up/tweaked version (LN) -> manga adaptation -> anime adaptation.
Is that not how things usually go? I don't see why you're arguing against that, or why you use a tone as if I wrote something mean spirited or that I gravely wounded you with my previous post. Just chill man.

Dex-chan lover
@hokujin
Although that's not always the case, as you know, there are cases like Overlord, Shield Hero, Death March and likely a bunch of other cases that you are aware that changed significantly between WN and LN.

I don't recall a flashback ever showing up in the middle of the fight, and i remember the author giving more of a build-up towards this important event.
What I meant is that, the reason you don't recall is because you never read it.

In chapter 2 of this manga we had the whole deal in Origin where the Undead saves the victims and then is killed, faces the Bravers and hears some harsh words. In the webnovel, that sequence was just a brief summary of how Amamiya faced a shit life, no mention of people he saved, and there he was again with Rod. In the Light Novel, we get more details as seen in the manga. In the webnovel, we only learned of them much later when 8th Guidance is first mentioned.

From this chapter, in the webnovel, Tarea gave a brief summary of the contents of her past at an earlier point and that's all.
In the light novel, the sequence is different, just like in the manga, she calls it later when Bilde calls her, there is even the new motif that she made a big axe when she was a child, and now before this fight, she made another big one as her best work in memory of those times, and Basdia is currently using it (She is worked to have a better relationship with Basdia), which leads to the moment of Basdia facing the Noble Orc that she should be unable to win because of the difference in power.

----------

This whole detailed setting doesn't exist in the WN, but it exists in the LN. The manga author is adapting the LN, not the WN. You are criticizing the author for doing things that you can't remember, but I'm just reminding you that you couldn't remember because you have not read the source material (you read the source of the source)

Going back to the first topic on this point:
author or someone else creates a cleaned up/tweaked version (LN)
Due to the amount of size per chapter, and the limitations in storytelling and need for selling books, the adaptation of Death Mage cuts some corners, and fills others, as examples, the Origin part is a good filling, while the Kobold King fight is basically filler for the 1st volume to have a "climax", same for the Island Turtle that doesn't exist in the WN

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone else think the art took a nose dive here?

I feel that this is worth pointing out for the people arguing here but this one does not have a Light Novel version, it’s just gone straight from Web novel to Manga, which does happen sometimes. Also its often the case that in the transition to manga that things are changed, removed or added for context, we get a lot more detail in the WN that not everyone will get here or that just don’t have the space to put the details in.

Double-page supporter
I really like Sam.
Among all the characters, he's one with the most impressive growth with Boneman. He started as a simple ghost haunting a wooden wagon and ends up mastering space-time travelling just because he's the sorest loser in the world.

I'm enjoying this story so far and I want to read the novel for it but would y'all recommend me reading it? Like, is it really good and won't make me bored halfway through? Also, does he ever grow up in the novel like maybe a timeskip or something? (Just curious)🤔

Is the

Fed-Kun's army
@Mdj92 Personally I can recommend it, light spoiler ahead (but you asked it, tho... :D)
I am reading it from Light Novel Bastion, the translation is in Volume 10 now I think? It stays intresting, overall it gets also a good bit more "big picture" later on and yeah, he does get older, not in a big time skip however, but overtime, im not sure, but in Volume 10 he is about 11 or 12 now? (This Chapter is still Volume 1 of the LN)

Double-page supporter
I've been wondering. Why not just nab someone's body and put his mother in there?

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if this undead puppet thing will be mothers next body
just rememberted it existed

Users who are viewing this thread