Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Talea's Weapon

@powerneed
I think you're wrong with Eleanora, i don't remember any rape or sexual intercourse between her and Birkyne mentioned.
With Pauvina, does it count if the rape happened after she's Death?, if something, only Luciliano felt something.
Was it even rape with Basdia?
The only thing that I remember is that suddenly she was pregnant, never is mentioned when or how it happened.
So apart from Bellmond, we already saw pretty much all the rape scenes in the series, right?

@DGlados
theres gonna be alot more with the orcs coming up but after that that's it for a while and as for basdia it was more the prostitute thing since she does fuck the entire village as do all the ghouls since they basically have communal orgys which is something the manga glossed over alot so its kinda like prostitution just without getting paid and i remember something about it with Elenora but its been close to 2 plus years since ive read the novel so i could be wrong about that

Dex-chan lover
@yohane
That's indeed the case. If they were any smarter, livestocks would have fought us to the death. In fact a lot of domestication involves reducing their aggressive survival instincts.

Dex-chan lover
@DGlados

At least only one recent girl has had that background in the current translated chapters. Aside from the
adventurer girls who’ll be turned to ghouls and the enslaved Titans later on
, there shouldn’t be anymore.

Plus powerneed has already mentioned it’s been years since they last read the novel, so perhaps they’re misremembering some characters.

@powerneed

The communal orgy thing was only due to cultural necessity caused by their species being heavily infertile, which also includes why they can turn women to ghouls. Later on
they lose that cultural aspect since Van solved their infertility problem and he even promoted strong familial bonds and responsible coupling.

Dex-chan lover
@rephikul

Quite the opposite actually. In their world, humans harvest them for parts and and capture their females as slaves and pets. The only aspect where they think they’re a menace is the fact they can turn females of other species into ghouls.

Dex-chan lover
@hikufalafel

You might have already gotten the response to your spoiler question, but lemme clarify due to some points that were incorrect.

While there are a few more girls with this particular background, most of the women that will be introduced later on
won’t have the rape/prostitute backstory
, including the women who won’t be part of Van’s harem.

Also with regards to people getting triggered over rape, it’s understandable simply because “Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil“
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeIsASpecialKindOfEvil

I’m not one of those squeamish types, but I can understand why they’re completely against it so much.

Fed-Kun's army
@bk3k OMFG !!! Thanks so MUCH ! really thanks a lot for you time, I'm deeply grateful 😍 I wish you a wonderful week sir/madam, may you prosper and live a long and blissful life
Can't wait to see all those events through the manga !

Fed-Kun's army
@MIranox, Pff, i've seen people do worse in history and for even less, people would sell children to pay depts, would murder people for idiotic relgious sacrifices, would defame and burn people alive for putrid envy or greed. Do not underestimate how shitty a person can really be in real life.

Double-page supporter
@BloodySorcerer Yes, but those motivations are comprehensible. Which behavior is worse, that's besides the point. I'm criticizing this story for having incoherent character motivations. Selling a child to pay debts is coherent, but selling your child because she's "too talented" is like selling her because you have too much money. It makes no logical sense.

Fed-Kun's army
@Miranox they were in debt, and the only one who could inherit the shop wasn't talented enough for it. And the one who was talented enough couldn't inherit for unexplained reasons. You're paying far too much attention to what was the least imoprtant part of the scene which was the talking. She was literally sold to play debts, the "too talented" was just just the excuse he used to hide his frustration with the fact that his successor wasn't talented enough.

Double-page supporter
@BloodySorcerer It still doesn't make sense though. Her smiting talents would definitely allow her to make plenty of money. Selling her is kind of like selling a $1M winning lottery ticket for $1000.

Dex-chan lover
@Miranox
I would assume that they were under some guild/country with sexist policies. "Only a man can inherit a shop" was telling. The father needed the son to inherit the shop, and talent means nothing if they weren't allowed to do business within the area.

Double-page supporter
@jonsmth Not a problem. He can make the son the official owner and the daughter will work as an assistant or work away from public eyes if necessary. The author just didn't put any thought into this character backstory.

@Miranox Her brother has completely lost his interest in crafting as he wasn't nearly as good as her sister at it. You can't possibly think that the two would make a good team. She would be a steadily growing bother as time flies.

So her father's solution to all these problems was selling her. She wasn't around anymore so her brother could get motivated again to inherit the shop. The dept could be paid off, too.
It was indeed freaking disgusting but it made perfectly sense for her father to act that way.

Double-page supporter
@Hollow-Slayer In the real world, a son who "lost his interest" in the family business (regardless of the reason) would get a very motivating beating from his father. If you grew up in a rich country, then it's normal to assume that parents go along with the whims of the children, but this is not reality for most people, especially in Medieval times. The unmotivated son would get some sense beaten into him without any hesitation.

Even if you assume that the son continues to refuse and the daughter can't inherit the family business, there is still the option of marrying the daughter and having her husband inherit it. In the worst case he could give the business to a trustworthy relative. Either way, the talented smith daughter would have an important role of making money, regardless of who becomes the official owner.

There is no logic in existence that makes this 'selling the daughter' story plausible.

@Miranox I think that's your problem, your way of thinking is too obtuse because you keep comparing this situation with the real world when it happened in a fantasy setting in a world where you don't know what's socially acceptable, you don't know their story or tradition, you just decided that it's bad because you keep using our modern world standards in a fantasy setting.
I think you just didn't like it and that's ok but now it looks like you're looking way to hard into why you think it's baddly written.

Users who are viewing this thread