Yotsuba&!

This manga release like 1 volume every 3 or 4 years now so don't expect too much.The author is getting old.He is currently 52 years old.

@bhoommy17430 She was adopted from overseas, probably somewhere in the Philipines - during a later chapter, they talk about how her father used to travel around. In-universe, Yotsuba apparently looks asian, yet still recognized as a foreigner.

@SomeDuder probably hawaii, because it says from an island.. and hawaii is literally just an island, not a country.

"although she claims she's from an island to the left." (Source fandom) if you look on map(not globe) hawaii is the leftmost island.

@vikers nope, hawaii? Yotsuba's dads job is a dead giveaway, and it was mentioned before im just not sure which chapter but its somewhere around europe in his travels, the island mentioned was where yotsuba's dad originated, oh he's japanese right!, so its probably japan?,
@Someduder And philipines are you for real??? For starters im also asian, the difference in features is too little to be considered or "to be noted as foreigner", and look at the colored pages or the colored covers, hair color light green'sh(probably blonde changed to contrast skin tone), asians has black or brown'ish natural hair color and skin tone from pale white(not westener white/white reddish) to light brown/dark(tanned)... Oh wait oh yea tourist and foreigner which isn't asians exist yeah? Get it? Or its still philippines? 😅 yotsuba's notable feature, hair color(blonde) big round eyes, and skin tone, a child bleachin her hair and full on skin care products(whitening) and big round eyes and colored contacts 😂😂😂😂

Dex-chan lover
how would you describe yotsuba's hairstyle?
quadruple ponytail?
double twintails?
stacked bunches?

anyways. very unique

Supporter
With Non Non Biyori, this is the greatest anthem to childhood. Funny, full of likable characters, enjoy everything indeed. Thanks to the translators, I bought the whole series but read it here before.

Dex-chan lover
It took me a while to really get into this series, but it has gradually become my favorite manga. I swear, it functions as some magical instant relief antidepressant. It's uncanny how even a single chapter can salvage a rotten day and leave me in a good mood. Yotsuba is so endearing, that I often find myself producing some very un-manly noises while reading.
I make sure to savior each precious chapter, for I dread the day I catch up.

@SomeDuder probably hawaii, because it says from an island.. and hawaii is literally just an island, not a country.

"although she claims she's from an island to the left." (Source fandom) if you look on map(not globe) hawaii is the leftmost island.
It can be called "source fandom" when the main character said so?

Its a fact she came from "an island to the left". Im confused.

Group Leader
This may be one of the best manga ever. I was smiling and grinning through every single page. Reading Yotsuba doesn't just bring me joy, it also gives me hope. "Today is Always the Most Enjoyable Day", I've learnt how to appreciate even the most ordinary things in life, enjoying the breeze, watching the sunset... I also adore how Yotsuba became the official mascot of 4chan - it's so bizzare, but it's like a match made in heaven! Yotsuba is honestly a net positive on life in general, I love this so much, thanks for all the translations!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread