Youjo Senki - Vol. 16 Ch. 45 - Open Sesame II

@DerpySausage By the fact of having been awarded the Iron Cross, Hitler WAS a decorated soldier, literally. What definition of decorated are you going by?

@werewolf914 With the many side chapters from the future with Andrew that we have (and more really), it's already known that the Empire loses. But this story isn't about the Empire, it's about Tanya Degurechaff, so even with a predetermined future for the empire, the interesting part of this story is the apparently very major role she has in the evolution of the war and the personal developments to her and around her.

@werewolf914 This story is mixing WWI and WWII. Someone with better knowledge on the world wars could specify some of the elements more related to the war, the only one I can think of is the manga comparing Mary to the atomic bomb. My understanding is that the LN does not make this comparison. The much more obvious mixing is in the aftermath. WWI ends up with Germany shouldering the war debts, a stint as the Weimar Republic, and a failed communist revolution. These things led into Hitler's rise to power, and then the events leading to WWII. The focus in the after the war parts is more that the countries are trying to build bridges over the oceans of blood, rather than punishing the Empire for failing to win a war against the world. That is something that strikes me as a WWII type scenario; more so post Cold War.

Even then, I don't things are going to be an exact match for either World War in how it ends.

Fed-Kun's army
@BlurEyes Indeed, and I believe that Tanya's traces being hidden in the future are her doing. Being X can't send countries after her if she no longer officially exist.

Dex-chan lover
"Is that a bird? Is that a plane? No, it's th..." "Well, actually it is a pla..." "IT'S THE MOTHERF*CKING ARMY OF THE REICH!!!!"

Hitler is a runner on WW1 if i remember correctly.

heck a dangerous job. get wounded severeal time.

Tanya is Manfreed or closer to sturmtroopen maybe ? both are elite on air and ground. kinda

Dex-chan lover
Interesting to compare the V1 here and the "vengeance weapon", Hitler's V1 "doodlebug".
Here, it is a precision tactical weapon, fully guided and manned, with multiple payloads hitting a single specified target.
In 1944 in our timeline, the V1 was a desperate ploy to merely degrade morale, indiscriminately targeting major cities with an unguided and unmanned single payload.
One is a tactical weapon with clear strategic goals towards victory, the other an attempt to wreak vengeance that merely causes suffering of mostly non combatants.

Don't compare Tanya to Hitler, she's far more strategic.

Man, they really scuffed up everything when they did the anime, those were full on rockets and jet things, in the anime it's like they got bullied, stuffed inside a locker which just so happened to be a missile and boom

Group Leader
Whoof, man, I know what is going to happen because of the anime, but damn, if this isn't a great read.

Page 14, "What's Caesar's goes to Caesar". I believe this to be a bad translation.
Yes, the common English translation speaks of Caesar. But in this case, Tanya says it as a representative of the Empire, which is not governed by a Caesar. So I think it should it should be "Kaiser".
In the German language the quote uses "Kaiser" anyway (since that's the German word for emperor and it's derived from Caesar, besides). "So gebt dem Kaiser, was des Kaisers ist, und Gott, was Gottes ist!"

Dex-chan lover
“You and me both are no more than rafts on the river of destiny”

Yeah no, you’re a raft, she’s the goddamn Tirpitz Battleship. The river has to flow around her.

Users who are viewing this thread