Your Majesty, Please Spare Me This Time - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

If anyone else is confused by the dialogue, the other groups translation makes a lot more sense. And the last half of the chapter isn't blurry.

This translation is not good. Same with "The Tyrant Husband Has Changed." You read the whole chapter and you're like "who said what? huh?"

I swear most Kwebtoons now follow the cliched plot of a transmigrated/reincarnated MC fell in love with tyrant who destroyed her family and killed her in the past life. I mean, sure, some people have masochistic tendencies, but come on.......... Not even one of these stories came up with an MC with PTSD, which would've been the very obvious outcome considering their experience. Of course, a cold blooded killer who so happened to have killed you and your family members once would be hella attractive as a marriage candidate.

@Eclat123
The heroine of The Abandoned Empress was severely affected for a long time by her experience in the past. Saying any more than that would be spoiling.

You're right about most Korean webtoons, though. And the harder they swear "I'll never fall in love with XYZ again!" the sooner they run back into his arms.

@legituser
So we can expect a fix that makes more sense tomorrow?

Dang, the other uploader's translations are much better. I couldn't finish this one because it was so choppy feeling, pretty sure half the pronouns are wrong! I thought Mystical Merries usually had good translations but this one needs reworked 😭

This chapter was so hard to finish, the translation was all over the place. I'm pretty sure the other group also did this at night, so it's not really a matter of what time you did this. Plus if you guys are so busy shouldn't you be dropping projects instead of picking up more? Just my opinion, i'm not hating or anything.

For all the ppl complaining about the quality of the translation. You guys should do it yourself if you think you will si a better job. They put time in thus. Great or not just be grateful they do it.

If the translation is bad, we're doing nobody any favors by pretending otherwise. Just because we can't read Korean (though I know quite a bit) doesn't mean we don't know disjointed sentences and nonsensical plots when we see it. The author put all this effort into creating a nice story with good characters, and then readers can't understand it because of a faulty translation. That's just not fair.

@SaraAki
We understand. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. But since you have so many projects that the quality is suffering, maybe you should drop this one and let the other group do it.

Aggregator gang
People who are reading stuff for free and then complaining about the quality... If you want good translations, wait until there's an official english version (who knows when lol) and go buy the chapters.

Slightly approved in the key points (like who swore at who) but still not exactly good. Voight the butler still becomes "Violet" the very next page, etc and he still "comes to heaven to get married" whereas in the other translation he married someone else, which is why the MC says men can't be trusted. Etc etc.

@SaraAki - I read the updated versions of ch1 and ch2 on the Mystical Merries site. They're both excellent!! Thank you for taking the time to respond and to release the revisions for us moochers to enjoy. Now I'm really looking forward to where this story goes! ^_^

@Azure_1802 - Some of us spend a lot of money each month buying chapters for licensed series we've already read, all because of the good quality scanlations that turned us into fans and got us addicted in the first place! On the other hand, it's easy to get turned off by some super low-effort translations and never give the series a second glance, even after licensing happens, because there's so much good content out there already. So in my opinion, higher-effort quality isn't just for the readers' benefit, but also for the benefit of the creators we're all (hopefully) trying to support.
*gets off soapbox*

Aggregator gang
@genona: no, if you really want a high quality version and support the author, you shouldn't have read any fan-scan/translation, every manhwa webtoon give 3-4 free first chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread