Your Majesty, Please Spare Me This Time - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

I feel so bad for the girl in the previous timeline. Fuck the mc and her manipulating ass

Group Leader
Oof people hating on MC. I for once like this MC, not the usual goody-two-shoes whose only redeeming feature is kindness.

That was an interesting move for sure, but it feels kinda unnecessary. It's not like Riché would suddenly come to the conclusion that Lariette is a time-traveler that's trying to get close to the future emperor to prevent her family's annihilation lmao.

@mukade for real one of my biggest gripes with reincarnation stories is how they assume that everyone is going to guess a supernatural explanation every time they do anything out of "character".

On the bright side it's nice when you find someone you can relate to

As long as she didn't find that she's faking it
And she's actually not. The feeling that she needs to do something to change her predestinied fate is somehow similar yet different..

@tmood081 I think it's more so being suspicious of their motives. If you suddenly act like a different person and have knowledge you shouldn't, anything from superstition to manipulation might be considered. But yeah, half the time it just seems like easy drama/cliffhangers.

Noooo not her reenacting her friend's monologue! Lol haha xD. FL is taking no chances

Thanks for another chapter!! ♡

@tmood081 @mukade you ever read shadow queen? They literally found someone that looks exactly like the actual daughter to be an imposter. I’m pretty sure if you have enough money, information and time you could find someone who looks eerily like the person in question, swap them and then manipulate the fake to carry out your will. Rather than just it always being superstitious reasons they’re worried about, they could also be worried about this kind of assumption.

@Diamondmya25 even if someone were to assume that she's not the real Lariette, MC could just recall shared memories, like how they first met or any other event or detail that only she would know. There are a few ways to verify someone's identity besides appearance.

@Diamondmya25 & @Euro_PURO

I am not saying your situation where someone is replaced or has been subverted is unlikely, it has happened in real life more than a few times after all. What I am saying is that in these scenarios, especially stories with no magic besides the initial reincarnation or turning back of time, the MC main logic defaults to, "oh no they will suspect me of being a time traveler or reincarnated bc i said this". In our reality, if you have a friend, family member, or other acquaintance do something that seems prescient or super coincidental, you don't assume a "ground hog" day or anything else as fanciful.

So I guess my main issue is the inconsistent internal reasoning in some of these kind of stories. Still enjoy them enough to read however.

I honestly... When I read or see things like this I cant help but feel bad for all the women in the past who had to go through all that and had so say in it. It hurts my heart

Users who are viewing this thread