Your possibly popular unpopular opinion

Dex-chan lover
Conlficting opinion with its strong emotions drives discussion.

Been busy past few weeks and came back to find some more extensive than usual discussion regarding different topics.

So here is a thread so share those personal opinions that others might disagree

Yes this a thread to farm for reactions from others and hopefully reinvigorate the Lounge section.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Adolescent boys should be targetted by media agencies to read more shoujo manga
and aspire to be shoujo Male leads during their formative years to become more high achieving individuals physically, intellectually, emotionally and bloody domestic chores.

Reverse would however be questionable as both Eastern and Western standards
(pardon me not considering about other cultures; I have already have too poor a grasp for these two cultures to just barely spit out an unpopular opinion for them)
for female beauty is already so skin thin; some shounen manga do have good grounded female leads but some are just better of as decorations. With human female Idols this is a similar problem of being a blank lovable slate and has unfortunately given to the rise of toxic strong female fictional and real characters that are less strong than they are just mean.

Celebrities that are more than just blank slates on the otherhand rarely show any true personality in their public viewing or have strong public views to gather supporters regardless of whether the message is righteous or not. Division and conflict as stated in OP message helps their brand.

Thus we need curated showings of what high achieving personal lives that young impressionable and gulliable people can aspire to in order to create a better society. This will also make those who already have strict family lessen their mental load and burn out as they are able to relate with fictional characters who are succeeding in their struggles; assuming that they have the free time to read these books whilst they are being grinded by their strict parents.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bullpups are the best,
I will die on this damn hill
No matter the cost.
__m200_and_mdr_girls_frontline_and_1_more_drawn_by_anyan_jooho__sample-8c9889f0f85e0f66c31ed3b4ef67359d.jpg

Dex-chan lover
all incest manga should be BR. otherwise it doesnt mean anything. like, if it's NBR and they go out, who cares? it's kinda weird but ultimately no real consequence.

Dex-chan lover
I liked Sonic 06.

Yeah, it's a terribly made game, but it had a lot of potential.

And, in terms of the "weird" human/anthropomorphic animal romance debate, watch a cartoon. It exists and no one complains about it there.

Dex-chan lover
I could go with the basic "sometimes pizza can have a little pinaple as a treat" but I will go wit: why are some people so against leatheer products? Like, leather is a byproduct of the meat industry, animals aren't cut specifically for leather, so why not use it, eaging meat or not? Other point: off-cuts of meat, like chicken's heart, chicken's and cow's liver and pig's blood and tripes are realy cood saurces of protein, love them!

Dex-chan lover
if you live with others and are going to soak dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, PUT THEM IN THE CORNER TO MAKE ROOM NOT IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE IT'S LIKE TAKING UP TWO PARKING SPACES BUT WORSE BECAUSE THEY'LL TRY TO GASLIGHT YOU INTO BELIEVING IT'S NO BIG DEAL WHEN IT ACTUALLY IS

Dex-chan lover
Vinyl doesn't sound better. It sounds different.
(However, my stereo does sound better than yours.)

Dex-chan lover
if you live with others and are going to soak dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, PUT THEM IN THE CORNER TO MAKE ROOM NOT IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE IT'S LIKE TAKING UP TWO PARKING SPACES BUT WORSE BECAUSE THEY'LL TRY TO GASLIGHT YOU INTO BELIEVING IT'S NO BIG DEAL WHEN IT ACTUALLY IS
I'LL PLACE MY DIRTY
DISHES WHEREVER I PLEASE
AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Manwha (south korean) pull off power fantasies better than Manga ever have and (probably) ever will.

Even if the protagonist is as bland as boiled broccoli, they'll still have more personality than the common Isekai protag. I read Quest Supremacy recently, the MC's whole shtick in the beginning is that he's a total loser being bullied and that's it. And yet the man goes from this
PdWa7mx.png
To this
tga108r.png

In the span of 23 chapters. In Isekai, in the same amount of time, you'd still have the main character trying to figure out the plot, if there is one.

Manwha just does it better.

Group Leader
Manwha (south korean) pull off power fantasies better than Manga ever have and (probably) ever will.

Even if the protagonist is as bland as boiled broccoli, they'll still have more personality than the common Isekai protag. I read Quest Supremacy recently, the MC's whole shtick in the beginning is that he's a total loser being bullied and that's it. And yet the man goes from this
PdWa7mx.png
To this
tga108r.png

In the span of 23 chapters. In Isekai, in the same amount of time, you'd still have the main character trying to figure out the plot, if there is one.

Manwha just does it better.
Are you talking about Duo Leveling?

Users who are viewing this thread