Your Throne - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Two Ladies of Rumor (2)

I think the original was missing the part about her mother. So I wonder if her mother, just power, or her belief that she is best suited to rule is her motivation.

I mean. She’s more intelligent than Psyche. That’s been implied already. We know the prince doesn’t want his future wife to have any say in how the kingdom will be ran. It may be possible that she has the people’s best interest at heart. She’s just probably not scared of getting her hands dirty.

Well, I was surprised cuz suddenly there was a pop-up on my notification that this series was serialized in Webtoon on my country Indonesia. The title is: I Wanna be U, they only have 3 chapters atm. Just for your information guys 😆

Aaaaaaah, I can't wait for more!
I did notice that the silver boy (forgot his name) has been smiling more, more ironically 🤔
Anyway, I can't wait for more~
I want to catch up from the last part and continue soon 😍

Group Leader
@Berdy she kills innocent people and without thought. How does she have the peoples best interest at heart?

@theilikepie

These are just my speculations. I’m just trying to look for potential routes this story may take.

Her killing some people is not a reflection of her ability to be an efficient ruler. Not yet at least. At this moment I won’t hold it against her because her motives in my opinion are not quite clear. It’s clear she wants power, but the reason behind this hasn’t been made clear as of yet.

Also, I was reading On the Emperor’s Lap recently. Though, he does horrible things his motives are clear. He has the people interests at heart, but he will make sacrifices that some would find unreasonable and downright cruel. He murdered a maid because he simply could and out of anger, but what he believes in when it comes to his subjects isn’t wrong. There are other story lines where there are good kings even if what they’ve done beforehand hasn’t always been right.

Potential Reasons:
1. She may want power because she’s been groomed to be a queen.
2. To protect her household.
3. Specifically her mother. I don’t believe her mother was mentioned in the previous version.
4. May be she thinks she has the peoples best interest.
5. May be it’s pure vengeance for embarrassing her or/and her household.
6. She could be a part of some faction.
7. Or know something about the prince that we don’t.

Looking at the time period and her reputation which could be reflective of her household. The first killing is going to be perceived as unethical to some, but I’ve also considered that she has to protect whatever negative reputation her house has. The other killings though not justifiable because it is simply wrong. But was necessary to remove barriers to Psyche and get rid of another individual who would be in the way. I wouldn’t say she kills be without thought.

When the prince’s opinion of Psyche was revealed in the previous version. I got excited because that could potentially mean that this story would have layers. Overall, I’m just open-minded and hope this story won’t be too predictable or move in an manner that I guess would be somewhat cliche.

Group Leader
@berdy small note, the mother was mentioned in the original version, depending on which translation you read. one of them was inaccurate and only mentioned "some lady" or something.

man i love this series. thanks for the translations

Group Leader
@pawpadknight

maybe it's like those body-switching movies, where the MCs switch bodies to learn what it's like for the other side and become better people. Maybe god granted her wish so shed become less of a psycho and learn empathy. Dunno

Or maybe psyches life is even shitters then medeas and that's her punishment

Wow. Heli. I am excited Heli makes more of an appearance in the revamp!!!

Users who are viewing this thread