Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

Double-page supporter
This is what Hachiman was supposed to be. Yugami Doesn't Have Any Friends is able to show the depth of human relationship without too much BS.

Aggregator gang
you think this was your standard fluff slice of life goodness?
53f.png

anyway this revived my will to live 10/10

Dex-chan lover
@YosepRA No, Hachiman is for lonely kid who fail at society feel special and cool about them self. Do it make it less bs ? no
But do it did what it suppose to ? Yes

Man . . . . I don't want this manga to end. Not sure if I could find something with similar quality as this.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna miss this so much when it ends. Hope the author keeps this up with her next works

Dex-chan lover
@KajurN I think the author is a guy. One of the rare manga which doesn't make it obvious with its art style or writing though.

Dex-chan lover
err hachiman doesn't fail at society though? He's smart enough for a top high school and I'm pretty sure he has plans for a good college. What he 'fails' at is personal interaction because he gained a philosophy about people that prevented him from getting too close to another person in fear of repeating past mistakes. While yugami's philosophy is he is independent with a one-track mind and doesn't need anyone to accomplish anything. Hachiman is a witty narcissist but is just awkward and rarely honest with himself. This is significantly different from Yugami and yugami isn't nearly as self conscious as hachiman. But both are very simliar in that they observe and understand people quite well despite how much they isolate themselves(although in reality hachiman has a bit in regards to this). Furthermore both are good at their respective clubs so they have an anchoring position within said club. Both would go the extra mile for their sister too.

But at the end of the day, they make it quite clear that hachiman does actually want a good friend or person to have a connection with. Yugami makes it clear he doesn't, although I suppose currently yugami accepts that their are connections to be thankful for like that blessed moment he had at the baseball game with chihiro.

So while they are simliar they are distinct. Yugami being a lovable asshole while hachiman is the 'alpha' loner. Or maybe yugami is the alpha asshole while hachiman is the lovable loner? Meh, silver lining.

@Darklight99 I'm on the "the author is a woman" camp. Mainly because of Chihiro's hair. Its position and style is too unceremoniously varied compared to most male artists I've read.

Power Uploader
Could be either really but yeah if I had to bet money on it, woman for sure.

Aggregator gang
i think this manga is laden with philosophical lessons in self conduct as well as personal relationships, i enjoy it a lot

I remember checking by this series every few months some years back while the translation was halted, and now it's zooming to the finish line. Thank you Träumerei Scans for letting us worthless illiterate plebs read this series.

Amazing manga, just 5 more chapters to go, I m sad.
At this point I do not even care whether there will be any romance or not (THIS IS A LIE!!), I m just sad that its ending.

Many people might fail to realize but yugami(MC) is a really open-minded individual (like take palm reading), he does not reject the possibilities, collect raw information, make good predictions(mostly correct). Most other individuals just accept or reject something without a second thought, it take guts to accept that there are many possibilities and to then analyze them is something else. If seen this way it becomes obvious that yugami is kind-of a genius.

I see the brainlets are making themselves known by whinging about the lack of some grand romantic ending

Well, what is being a little disappointed (raged at self maybe or even just depressed) has to do anything with being brainlets?? Taking cue from ch76, I have been really thinking, aren't you the brainlet for not even considering others emotions and calling up on there intelligence.

Aggregator gang
No one is missing an update? Aww.. I am. I guess i got too used to with daily updates.

Users who are viewing this thread