Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

@lizardboi idk what to tell you, this is my favorite slice of life manga, but there is little to no drama because characters actually talk their problems through instead of leaving things in misunderstandings. I enjoyed watching these character's daily life, they are all very well developed, that's all there is to this manga; well rounded characters.

@nico-chi I would say Machida-kun is the perfect recommendation. The MC's are polar opposites to each other, yet I find these 2 mangas to be closest to each other bcz the MC's are honest with what they want. To top it off, Machida-kun has Romance too. These 2 are my favourite SoL mangas.
https://mangadex.org/title/17342/machida-kun-no-sekai

Although, both of these are my favorites, if I am asked who is better writer, I would say Sakura Jun. The characters in Machida are just likable, but in Yugami most other writers wouldn't have been able to make Yugami/Chihiro likable. They have too many flaws, yet Sakura Jun pulled off this story like no other writer!! It is one of the most unique stories.

Double-page supporter
I will recommend Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru to anyone who liked Yugami-kun, on the surface they aren't similar at all and it has even less romance than Yugami-kun but what it does similar to Yugami-kun to a very high level is the wonderful cast of fleshed out characters, the really great one-off stories from time to time, the vibrant setting of the SOL world, really interesting comedy and a small growing plot with great character development.

There's a reason why both manga I think are the pinnacle of SOL.

Group Leader
I’m glad I held the exit button and decided to start chapter 1, i hope they make an anime adaption... I also want them to see like they’re dating toegether sadly theres no romance tag.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeTime112
some would say yes, but it's ambiguous and unconventional. I'd say treat it as if it has none. If you pick up anything romantic then good for you. You'd be better off risking a surprise rather than a disappointment.

I’m so glad that I have read the comments here (and MAL) and decided to the red the manga, it’s completely worth! Even the story being “simple”, the MCs are amazing and Yugami-Kun is one of the most unique characters that I have seen.
I LOVED it! ❤️❤️
9/10

This manga is so amazing. Some people (including me) will not satisfied with this ending. But great mangas with such ambiguity are the ones that forever sometimes pop into my head. Dunno if they will end up together or not but knowing that their date will keep on forever is enough I guess.

If you got here and wanna know about this manga, is good, the ending is actually nice and show their future, theres no romance but you won't miss, but if you do miss, then the end might be even more enjoyable for you. If you're into things like hinamatsuri, kaguya and grand blue, this probably is going to hit the spot for you.

Fed-Kun's army
I personally don't tend to read mangas or other stories that are more open-ended (at least in the romance department), but this series gave us just enough hints and clues to allow you to choose whichever way you want it to be interpreted for the story when you're reading. It was really good and I'm at peace with the ending lol although I wish there were more. I definitely feel the same way as @OG_Calculus haha. Someone in the comments said you should read this "with the expectation of no romance and if you choose to take something away from the story, that's great" and I thought that was the BEST way to go about this !!!! EDIT: it was user @tblst who said this

Just finished my third reread

Im getting comfortable enough to say this series is flat out the best thing Ive ever read

The beauty and structure of the two leads' relationship brings tears to my eyes every time. The build-up, the pay-off, it's all done remarkably well, in a manner that is truly unique.

I’ll never forget that one comment on a manga that I forgot which one it was that recommended this manga and I thank whoever left that comment from the bottom of my heart

Loved it, definitely one of (possibly even) the best SoL. One of the things I am definitely abysmally disappointed of is the mc’s lack of expression, would have honestly LOVED to see Yugami cry, even a tear from his face would’ve been amazing, any emotion would have fit, a tear of joy or a tear of sadness would have invoked so much emotion unto us. Scrap that, anything would have been fine really, this manga was amazing enough but it could’ve been something so SO much better.

Ending felt a bit lacking too, but now that I’m thinking back on it.. it’s really hard to picture another ending still having the characters be themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread